Talk

Advanced search

Different symptoms to chemical pregnancy?

(3 Posts)
stonemasonette Tue 26-Mar-13 07:40:33

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

We're ttc our first child, and last month I had a chemical pregnancy (ended in week 5). In weeks 4-5 I had quite strong symptoms - sore, swollen breasts, tiredness, emotional swings and nausea. Then it all went away and I had a period a few days later.

What I'm wondering is, do the symptoms of a chemical pregnancy differ from one that's going to stick around? I'm not sure whether to expect all of the above the next time we conceive (hopefully for the long term), or whether the feeling were stronger or mixed up because it was a CP. Does anyone know? Thanks!

Andcake Tue 26-Mar-13 11:07:15

Sorry for your chemical pregnancy. For me the symptoms were the same but didn't go away. Well if the did it would be for a few hours or even a day in the 1st trimester. Each time they disappeared I thought it was over again and would be distraught. I've never been so relieved in my life to feel sick. Good luck.

stonemasonette Tue 26-Mar-13 17:09:15

Thanks Andcake. I'm sorry to hear you went through that as well. I can understand how worried you were when the symptoms temporarily went away, I'm sure I'll be just the same in the future! (fingers crossed)

Your answer is really helpful - I'm a few days late on this month's period but don't 'feel' pregnant at all (not like last time), plus tests are coming back negative, so guess it's just my cycle resetting itself after the CP. Now I know what to look out for!

Best wishes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now