Talk

Advanced search

How long after cerazette did it take to concieve?

(17 Posts)
Sammieh86 Wed 13-Mar-13 18:24:48

Hi all

Just wondering how long it took others to conceive after coming off cerazette, i stopped it in november last year after being on it just 2 months, had 3 periods since cycles ranging 25-28 days, and to be honest ive just got no patience! :/ lol

Hopefully within the next 6 months ill see my bfp :D

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 13-Mar-13 19:17:59

My cycles settled into a regular pattern but it took about 8 months. It took a long time for us to conceive (2 1/2 years) but we had male factor fertility problems.

Sammieh86 Thu 14-Mar-13 13:23:24

Ive bought some ovulation sticks to start testing so fingers crossed xx

GruffaloSoldier Thu 14-Mar-13 14:51:39

From stopping to BFP, it was 6 weeks. Good luck OP!

Sammieh86 Thu 14-Mar-13 16:31:16

Thankyou keep ur fingers crossed currently on 2ww :// xx

CitrusyOne Thu 14-Mar-13 16:33:27

Almost exactly a year.

catlady1 Thu 14-Mar-13 16:36:41

About a week. I didn't even have a period. It must be different for everyone judging by previous answers though! Good luck!

jazzcat28 Fri 15-Mar-13 19:06:24

Watching with interest - I stopped taking it on 1st march and so far no period... Did an Internet cheapie ov test yesterday and that was neg.

Really hope AF shows up soon to just prove I'm still working

MrsS28 Sat 16-Mar-13 23:27:43

With my first....

Came off it 22 March, first period end April, bfn May & June as didn't know my cycle, BFP July.

Fingers crossed it won't be long for you! I came off it again 10 days ago to TTC #2, but waiting for first period.

honey86 Sun 17-Mar-13 08:22:59

came off it, had a 4-5 day withdrawal bleed... 3 weeks later i was upduffed smile

34PinkLadyApple Mon 18-Mar-13 13:22:04

Glad I found this thread as I was on a similar one last year worrying it would take ages to get a BFP. I came off Cerazette July 22nd last year and I'm going for my 12 week scan tomorrow so it took me about 5 months but for 2 of those we weren't really trying.

I had no period for the 6 months I was on it then had very light, short ones every 26-28 days once I came off. First one took about 2 weeks to appear.

What I will say though (and this has nothing to do with cerazette) ignore the advice about ovulation happens around 14 days after first day of period. I started using Ov sticks from day 8 to day 21 and got nothing. I feared the worse. When I actually got my BFP I worked out I ovulated very early in the month, day 7 or 8 so do the deed lots throughout the month, don't just try when you THINK is the right time. Good luck everyone! x

Foxeym Mon 18-Mar-13 18:11:42

I stopped cerazette beginning of December 2012, had AF boxing day and got BFP 11 February, so must have fallen in Jan some time!!

Rainbowdrop8 Mon 18-Mar-13 20:07:54

I'm about to finish cezarette in the next week so really hoping it comes out of my system quickly. Been on it for nearly 2 years and heard some bad stories but the ones above give me hope! Fingers crossed

nenevomito Mon 18-Mar-13 20:09:16

About 3 weeks. I'd heard it would take ages, but apparently not.

jazzcat28 Mon 18-Mar-13 20:28:02

Good to hear all those positive stories! I stopped 1st march and (possibly tmi alert) have brownish stuff in my pants tonight so fingers crossed AF will make an appearance this week.

Presuming after AF has been and gone we shag lots, how do you work out due date? Is it from date you dtd or first day of period or last day of period? I'm pretty new to this and if possible DH and I would like to avoid a Dec baby... If I'm just having my period this week then even if I get pg day one next week it'll be a jan due date right?!?!

34PinkLadyApple Wed 20-Mar-13 13:47:27

jazz if it is AF starting today and you fall preg once it's gone, you'll be due christmas day! Its worked out 40 weeks from the first day of your last period but that is assuming you ovulate exactly 14 days from start of AF. I actually Ovulated 8 days after AF on the month I fell so when I had a dating scan at (what was supposed to be) 12 weeks, they pulled my due date forward 6 days. Hope that helps!

Sammieh86 Wed 27-Mar-13 13:36:03

MY bfp due this weekend smile fingers crossed for everyone, i do have some symptoms, but very similar to af so spose only time will tell...

baby dust to all xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now