Talk

Advanced search

can you ov and still be bleeding

(7 Posts)
gemmaseascout Tue 25-Apr-06 10:13:35

Hey
Have had first af since coming off depo, been bleeding til cd 19 (today) think I am stopping. Have tested ov since cd 10 and not had a positive. I know these tests sometimes dont work. I was just wondering if I would have ovulated cd 15 whilst I was bleeding or after I stop? HELP

laughalot Tue 25-Apr-06 11:30:53

bump

gemmaseascout Tue 25-Apr-06 15:48:49

Hello
anyone help me!!!

gemmaseascout Wed 26-Apr-06 10:58:30

bump

jellyjelly Thu 27-Apr-06 13:26:30

I have just come off the mirena and i am i think in month 2 ie i have had 2 periods but i know when i am ovulating and i think i have even though i have been bleeding so i guess you can.

Dotn know about the temping though sorry.

grutsie Tue 23-May-06 14:54:12

I had been on Wellwoman tablets for about three months and stopped last week and went on Pregacare.I should be ovulating now but I seem to be bleeding. Am trying conceive too! Does anyone know if changing these tablets is causing this bleeding?

sorkycake Tue 23-May-06 17:16:35

I wouldn't have thought it possible tbh.
When coming off hormonal contraception cycles tend to take a while to go back to normal, and do usually return to what they were before taking pill etc. My first guess would be that you wouldn't O until a few days at least after AF.
When I came off the mini pill for my 1st child I bled almost continuously for 4 months (dry 5 days per month- happy days!) Took a further 3 months of long cycles before I had a normal cycle like I used to have. First normal cycle I fell pg.
Good luck! Hope this is your month regardless!!

Grutsie, if the bleeding is like spotting then it could be a sign of the egg release or better still implantation of the embryo. Both these can result in light spotting. Good luck to you too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: