Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Never been so happy to see blood! - stopping cerazette, good story!

(10 Posts)
mrsLAQ Wed 16-Jan-13 08:52:56

Hi All,

I came off of Cerazette on 16th Dec and we are ttc. I was starting to get quite stressed because of the abscence of any sort of withdrawal bleed. I have been on cerazette for a few years now and no periods at all whilst on it. We have been dtd without protection for the past month, but a few BFNs left me over dramatic and declaring to DH that I must be barren (I sound crazy, I know!!).

This morning I almost lept off the loo with excitement when I noticed a pinky discharge. Not a full blown period yet, but surely a good sign that something is happening down there!

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything settles down and that a BFP is on the cards soon. Hopefully BFPs for all of you too!

natmay27 Wed 16-Jan-13 18:06:24

Good luck mrslaq! Am so jealous, still waiting for my af after stopped cerazette just over 2 weeks ago, getting cramps though so who knows what's going on!

mrsLAQ Wed 16-Jan-13 20:37:29

I had cramps about 2 weeks after stopping too, but no af arrived. I convinced myself they were implantation cramps but I think it was just the hormone levels readjusting and my ovaries kicking into action again. So hopefully another couple of weeks for you too and af will arrive, if not the even better BFP!! Keep me posted...

suedehead Wed 16-Jan-13 21:46:53

Hi mrs and nat
I'm in a similar boat, without the jumping for joy bit sadly!
We're TTC no.2. Last time, stopped Cerazette in the April. A couple of v light periods in June / July (spent much of May POAS...) then a slightly heavier one in August, before we then conceived.
Went back on it again after DC#1 but then stopped in November. Had some kind of withdrawal bleed a few days later, but then nothing! POAS late December but BFN.
Get a really spotty chin and EWCM every 4 weeks or so, so I think it's ovulation time, but still nothing! Driving me mad!

Good luck ladies. Hopefully we'll get there without too much waiting!

Littleyellowflower Sat 19-Jan-13 12:37:25

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I've just come off cerazette too (last week) and the only thing I've been blessed with is a real hormone inbalance after stopping it, emotional.....did you guys get this?! Feel like am going mad!

suedehead Sat 19-Jan-13 19:32:28

Hi yellow
I haven't really noticed that this time around (DH may disagree...), but when I last stopped, to have DC#1, I really noticed it. One day at work, I ended up sobbing in the toilets like a dumped teenager!
I guess it just takes a while for your body to balance everything again. It'll be shortlived!

lyndsey90 Sat 19-Jan-13 19:34:44

I stopped cerazette in May. Still TTC sad that pill was awful!

suedehead Sat 19-Jan-13 21:22:04

Urgh, jeez. Really?
I agree - thought it was great at the time, but it sure does take a while afterwards to get your cycle back to normal.
Good luck with the TTC, Lyndsey - hope you're not waiting too much longer x

lyndsey90 Sat 19-Jan-13 21:24:28

I went straight back to normal but as soon as my cycle was normal I started suffering with generalised anxiety disorder which has subsided in the past couple of weeks, I blame that on coming off cerazette x

Littleyellowflower Sun 20-Jan-13 17:41:02

Oh blimey, thanks for sharing and for the replies. I am glad this is sorta normal but good luck Lyndsey hope all starts going back to normal soon. These really bad mood swings, changing my mind all the time and the bursting into tears is hideous (that advert where the owner of the dog is going to throw away his toy - Harvey and the rabbit I think it is called set me off last time - you have to laugh!!) Haha blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now