Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need a rant!?!

(6 Posts)
Mu51cal Fri 04-Jan-13 10:13:36

Sorry...just need to get something off my chest...!

Am desperately ttc (cycle 8), and have religiously been plotting my periods using various apps, using opks and have just downloaded another fertility app so I can plot my temps...

I even went as far as to dtd EVERY night for 8 days in a row last month, so please forgive my frustration!

Anyway, all of the reading I've done suggests that, obviously, you need to know exactly when you ovulate to maximise chances of conception! Even better, there's a formula you can use to calculate thus date that uses the length of your luteal phase! Brilliant I think!! grin

So, the "magic day" of ovulation = length of cycle - length of luteal phase! Easy peasy...!?!?!

Nooo!!! The length of my luteal phase is the number of days from ovulation until my next period... IF I KNEW WHEN MY DAY OF OVULATION WAS I WOULDN'T BE DOING THIS SODDING EQUATION IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!! angryangryangryangryangry

Sorry...I feel so much better after that...smile

Anyone else getting equally frustrated with it all??

Ta!

P.s... Wtf is this icon biscuit supposed to be?????

setayharas Fri 04-Jan-13 12:56:49

Haha yes! I need a rant! Iv been charting and the last couple of months iv ov cd18. Then all of a sudden I read a story of someone ovulating and now I'm thinking why am I bothering poas everyday and paying attention to previous dates to pin point my date when really of my body fancies having a laugh an popping that egg out during af then it will!

Ps. I recon it's a jammy dodger! If not then in guessing it's too rude to be repeated lol!

Bearface Fri 04-Jan-13 13:50:56

It is hideously frustrating! The thing that bugs me more than anything is those people who get preggo by chance/luck/God of Fertility/etc. The chances are so low, it seems to me, I'm surprised anyone gets pregnant at all, but then there are always people who are oop, I'm pregnant. How???? Obviously, I know how, but why does work out for them when they're not even trying, and people who are trying to catch the right moment and doing everything they possibly don't manage it. Where is the justice? Unfair, unfair, UNFAIR!!!!!
<collapses in a sobbing heap>

And why can't ov just be the same time every month? Why does it have to move around like some elusive Scarlet Pimpernel master of disguise? Grrrr.

Feel better now - thanks ladies smile

Bearface Fri 04-Jan-13 13:53:58

P.S. Obviously if you have fallen pregnant by chance, then really well done. I don't begrudge you your wonderful BFP and subsequent DC. smile It's just difficut to hear when you're trying so hard yourself and it's not happening and you don't know why. confused

setayharas Fri 04-Jan-13 13:57:23

Oh bear I know that feeling everywhere I look there are young girls with their babies in prams while they smoke all over them and there boyfriends drinkin a can of beer.
I don't think there is any justice although as oh keeps informing me the more we want it the more special it'll be for us when it happens!

Oh mate informed him he's Sister managed it from a one night stand, it's her fourth with different daddies! How?????

threepiecesuite Fri 04-Jan-13 14:02:39

Can I join this rant?

TTC #2 since December 2011 with not a merest sniff of a BFP. We dtd EVERY BASTARD DAY THIS MONTH, but no - AF even had the cheek to come 2 days early AGAIN, spoil NY Eve and give me hell for 5 days. Fed up now!

I know exactly what you mean OP, those silly equations are utterly pointless without actually knowing when the magiv ov happened. If its during my AF then there's no hope! Horrible business, all this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now