Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I buy an ovulation kit? Confused!!!

(8 Posts)
Dowk31 Wed 02-Jan-13 21:48:25

Hey all I'm a bit confused at the mo and really need some ladies advice. I'm ttc baby 1 and got my implant removed 7 weeks ago. I have not had a period thoughout the year I've had it in. My period has not returned as yet. Does this mean I'm not ovulating? Is it worth me buying a kit to test? I'm so confused! sad

ManchesterGirl Wed 02-Jan-13 22:35:18

Hi there! I had my implant removed on the 2nd of November but I was having irregular periods whilst on it. I've had two more since it came out but they're not settled and regular yet so I can't work out when im meant to be ovulating. I did buy an ovulation kit but until they settle down, I don't want to waste them. I'd wait until you've had a period and go from there xx

Dowk31 Wed 02-Jan-13 22:48:03

It's just really confusing because people say you can conceive without having your period but I'm thinking how can that happen! I'm just so impatient and want my period to hurry up so I can track. True what you say though you don't want to waste the tests! X

Nesswalk Thu 03-Jan-13 11:22:04

Hi there

I had my implanon removed 23rd November, I was getting worried about period arriving as when on implanon I could go for a year with no period then they would be so irregular. Anyway period arrived 4 weeks 3 days after having it removed. I would suggest perhaps doing a pregnancy test, if negative hang fire with the ov test until your period arrives. I know how frustrating it is i'm waiting to see if second period is going to be regular so can start tracking too. X

OrangeLily Thu 03-Jan-13 16:31:49

Can't really add much but I'm freaking out a bit since bacon implanon removed on August. Hugely long cycles and no pattern so far sad

Only three periods since August and currently on day 49 of my cycle. sad

Sucks doesn't it!

OrangeLily Thu 03-Jan-13 16:33:06

I have no idea what happened there. I did not have BACON inserted in me anywhere.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 03-Jan-13 18:25:15

It can take some time for all the hormones to settle down. The tricky thing about you using an ovulation test now is you may have already ovulated or it could be a while before you do ovulate! I wouldn't for now personally, just give it a bit of time. Have you noticed any fertile signs? Like egg white cervical mucous? (Discharge that looks like egg white).

Dowk31 Sat 05-Jan-13 16:08:54

Yeah I have definitely had symptoms ESP discharge so decided to get the kit and done test yesterday morning with the result of a smily face! So with it being 99% accurate I'm thinking I should get a period soon unless I am lucky enough to conceive. It's all so confusing huh but it seems the majority of people take a while to get a period after removal. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now