Talk

Advanced search

running and ttc - please help

(6 Posts)
lalexander Wed 02-Jan-13 20:54:43

I usually run 2-3 times a week, between 3-8miles each run, and I am wondering whether this is sensible whilst ttc.

What I am worried about is that the egg will not 'stick' if i run at the crutial time. I hope this makes sense, i'm not really into the technical terms but am really thinking about the time between ovulation and arrival (or hopefully not) of AF!!!

Having really overindulged over the christmas holidays I really want to continue running, however not if it is reducing my ttc chances

What do you think ladies??

Thanks

rhetorician Wed 02-Jan-13 21:00:16

I would say this was fine - you are not doing huge mileage and if your periods are normal and regular then there's no issue. I don't think that a bit of running will stop egg sticking - it's in a closed environment and jumping up and down will not move it around!! Also, remember that running is what human beings are designed to do, and only elite athletes would run enough to mess up normal reproductive help.

Good luck!

judefawley Wed 02-Jan-13 21:01:53

I think that's bonkers, sorry!

Keep on running.

EuroShagmore Wed 02-Jan-13 21:02:25

I've carried on running throughout ttc. I don't think it will stop a bean sticking. And I have friends who continued running throughout ttc and up to about 5 months pregnant and all was well.

On a more general note, you might be ttc for a while (I'm on my 27th cycle now) so I'd urge you not to put your life on hold while you are trying.

rhetorician Wed 02-Jan-13 21:07:09

yes, running will help keep you sane.

lalexander Wed 02-Jan-13 21:09:07

thanks I have been ttc'ing since last oct 2011, after a long time of no periods i am on clomid

I think that your ttc brain jsut plays tricks on you after a while!!!!

thanks ladies, i guess i have no excuses!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now