Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The most wonderful time of the year... NAAAT!

(3 Posts)
sazzababs Sat 29-Dec-12 11:36:06

Sigh

I feel like deleting my Facebook and hiding. I should have just under 5 weeks to go until a wee wrinkly bundle was screaming and demanding all my attention. I should be off work now for months. I should feel knackered and emotional for different reasons. I should be celebrating the last Festive season with just the 2 of us (plus 2 hairy dog children lol).

Instead, I'm feeling all bitter and upset at friends and family and feel like shite for feeling like shite and being a jealous bugger. All the bloody adverts and programmes make me feel like I did at the 12 week scan when it all went wrong. I feel as though everyone else has moved on and I'm causing a big deal still and should've gotten over it by now.

I want to say that 2012 can seriously hurry up and get tae, it's been a hard year. I know many other people on this board feel the same. I'm TOTALLY DREADING the due date as no one else will even acknowledge it, but I've booked holidays off work around it so I can have a bit of a wallow and get pissed (providing I'm unable to due to 'cooking a bun'!)

2013 WILL be better and that's my new mantra over the next wee while. Just needed to get it off my chest x

Nuttyprofessor Sat 29-Dec-12 12:03:31

I am so sorry. I hope 2013 is a better year. I have been there myself. I cannot think what to say to you as I know no words make any difference. Just one day at a time and it does get easier as time passes.

Boozeandadietjinglebell Sat 29-Dec-12 12:03:57

Oh, bless. I understand. I'm so sorry for your loss.

2013 will be so much better. I'm POAS on NYE to try and contain any bad news to this year. I've had enough of it too, and nothing surprises me any more.

I don't know how to make your EDD any easier. I'm dreading mine already and it's still months away. Time off work is good, but try to find things to occupy the time - a massage/spa day or something maybe? Talk to your partner and your friends/family. I haven't done and I'm starting to regret it. I feel like I'm in a little bubble and no one understands.

Hope 2013 is your year x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now