Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TTC this Christmas...

(14 Posts)
TTCChristmasStyle Sun 23-Dec-12 19:06:30

DH and I just had the discussion-we are now going to TTC and I think I might be fertile over Christmas....so how do I know when I'm fertile? I have been using the ovulation stick things but no smiley face so far-I started using the sticks hoping that DH was TTC ready too!
I'm so excited to be trying but also really nervous in case 1. I don't get smiley face in ovulation test and 2. It takes a while. God it's stressful enough over Christmas without worrying about smiley faces on sticks.
Anyone else trying over next week or so? Will you be drinking? Should I avoid the booze just incase I do manage to conceive?

So anyone in my boat? Hop in!

lyndsey90 Sun 23-Dec-12 19:39:47

I pay no attention to ovulation sticks. I'm just doing everything naturally and hoping for the best. I have a period tracker on my phone which predicts my O date but that's it. My af is due tomorrow so we shall just have to wait and see!

TTCChristmasStyle Sun 23-Dec-12 19:43:16

Ooh fingers crossed for you lyndsey. I'm a complete control freak so doing things naturally is a struggle for me!

lyndsey90 Sun 23-Dec-12 19:48:36

Hehe I've managed to avoid testing this month too lol. If af doesn't come today I'll test xmas morning.

Lavenderhoney Sun 23-Dec-12 19:49:17

I amsmile must buy some sticks- I hear they are v good. I can't do the temperature thing as I get woken up too early by the dc who insist I get out of bed at once and do food/ milk. You are supposed to wait a minute then do the temperature.
Wish I had read it before wasting money.

Previously just relied on nature but want to hurry it upsmile perhaps if I get off mn and join dh in bed it would be more helpful. But he is asleep and full of cold..

TTCChristmasStyle Sun 23-Dec-12 19:55:42

How many DC do you have lavender? I got my DH to buy some vitamins today in order to get in him into peak condition!

FrankelcenseAndMyhrr Sun 23-Dec-12 20:45:56

Just bear in mind that it can take up to a year for a perfectly healthy couple to conceive - it doesn't always happen when we want it to <voice of bitter experience>

Also, as it takes 3 months to manufacture sperm, the vitamins your DH is taking now will not have an effect on his perm quality until March.

Good luck, but don't stress if it doesn't happen right away.

TTCChristmasStyle Sun 23-Dec-12 21:37:43

Common sense tells me it could take a while, but I just desperately hope ur won't.
Interesting about the long lag on the vitamins.

Lavenderhoney Mon 24-Dec-12 05:12:37

Ttc, I have 2. There are other ways to know if you are ovulating, your body tells you - I never know but I have friends who do- they feel different, more discharge ( sorry tmismile

If dh sperm are anything like him at the mo, they will be too knackered to make the journeysmile

QuietNinjaChristmasSpecial Mon 24-Dec-12 07:09:33

Don't forget to start taking folic acid if you haven't started already and good luck.

TTCChristmasStyle Mon 24-Dec-12 09:35:05

Yep I've been taking folio acid for a couple of months-I had hoped DH would be willing by Christmas so had started taking vitamins.

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Mon 24-Dec-12 09:43:52

Another bitter voice of experience here. We started TTC at Xmas too. 2 years ago. There is nothing medically wrong with my DH or me but for some reason I can get pregnant, I just can't stay pregnant.

My honest advice will be the same as most, chill out and it will happen. If you try to control it, it probably won't. Trust me. I've tried almost everything.

Sorry to piss on your party but starting to TTC at Xmas is the worst time ever, if you're not pregnant by next Xmas you'll understand why.

MistyKnight Mon 24-Dec-12 10:47:48

Going to dive in with a positive story as not everyone has a tough time.

I had my IUD removed in Sept and had a very regular cycle. I had been tracking my periods for ages and was really aware of changes in cm - this was the best indicator for me as no matter how many opks I used I never got a smiley face!

We were very lucky and got our BFP in November and I am now 8+4. I couldn't believe it as I had settled in for a long journey - I had read so many stories of healthy couples TTC for ever, and there was me - overtired, overweight and overstressed.

Just as there is no rule to say you will get pregnant straight away, there is no rule to say you won't either!

All the best to you x

twinklestar2 Mon 24-Dec-12 18:35:33

I'd say have lots of sex and lots of fun and if nothing in 6 months then try the OV sticks, planning your days, etc. good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now