Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Conception vitamin supplements

(6 Posts)
Rhianna1980 Sat 22-Dec-12 20:38:46

Hi ladies , do you have any feedback on vitamin and mineral supplements for women who are trying to conceive ? Thank you!

FrankelcenseAndMyhrr Sat 22-Dec-12 22:09:53

All you really need to take is folic acid. You can get very expensive supplements, but to be honest after 2.5 years of trying to conceive my first, I've given up on them all and now just take a daily basic folic acid tablet.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Mon 24-Dec-12 15:18:55

I took folic acid and magnesium - the latter helps to balance hormones and helped with bad PMS.

NotSpartacus Mon 24-Dec-12 15:22:19

I use the zita west ones. They probably do nothing at all but I feel I need all the help I can get.
Folic acid is the only thing proven to be beneficial, but anecdotally I found that taking vit B coincided with my cycle becoming shorter and regular, and vit d helps me feel better in winter (so less tired, more likely to bonk).

twinklestar2 Mon 24-Dec-12 18:27:00

I take pregnacare conception

CunningPlan Wed 26-Dec-12 17:53:46

I tried the Superdrug ones that are supposedly OK for pre-conception and pregnancy, but they made me nauseous and, on two occasions, they made a rather sudden and violent reappearance about 20 minutes after taking them. I was obviously allergic to something in them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now