Talk

Advanced search

Totally in shock

(11 Posts)
GiantUnderCrackers Sat 22-Dec-12 12:13:04

Have been ttc #2 for nearly a year and about to start assisted conception in the new year due to pcos. Got a bfn at 14dpo and tested again on the off chance this morning at 20dpo BFP!!!! I must be 5-6 weeks..We are delighted!!! I am in total shock. It took 2 years to conceive dd. I cannot believe we got our BFP for Christmas...thank you to everyone on this board supporting me through angst. Fingers crossed all goes well...Merry Christmas and baby thoughts to all ttc. It clearly can happen!!!!

lyndsey90 Sat 22-Dec-12 12:14:19

Aww congratulations :D

LittleBallOfFur Sat 22-Dec-12 12:16:40

I haven't been following your story previously Giant but wanted to say congratulations! That's wonderful.

We're planning on starting ttc no2 in the new year - it took us 14 months to conceive DS1 so hoping it won't take as long next time!

Merry Christmas smile

riskit4abiskit Sat 22-Dec-12 13:16:26

Awwww how Chrismassy to have such a miracle, really made me smile. I havebt followed your story, but I'm as pleased as punch for you!

Griffomais Sat 22-Dec-12 14:31:15

Congrats Giant - that is a wonderful Christmas surprise - I wish you a fabulous pregnancy and lots of happiness. Ah miracles do happen that is good to know. Merry Christmas.

resipsa Sat 22-Dec-12 15:20:11

Darn, you made me weep. Congrats!!!

resipsa Sat 22-Dec-12 15:22:30

Out of interest, what made you test again? I think about it sometimes even when AF has been and gone just in case it was breakthrough bleeding - TTC makes you irrational!!!

GiantUnderCrackers Sat 22-Dec-12 18:45:32

Thanks everyone... Still in total happy shock!

repisa - I tested again as had been very weepy, hormones all over the place, could actually feel surges going through me, kept getting AF cramps but no sign of it, very short tempered, sore boobs (all my PMT type symptoms but much worse)... so I thought I'd test on the off chance and was certainly not expecting a BFP!!!

(Apologies for my original post going up a zillion times... I have no idea what caused this glitch...)

littlepinkfizz Sat 22-Dec-12 21:20:23

That is fantastic,happy,happy news! Lots of congratulations! Were you using opk's ? I've been trying almost 6 mths but am getting down about it. Found opking made me obsess too much..

Any tips? X

Squiglettsmummy2bx Sat 22-Dec-12 21:22:56

How exciting grin congratulations x

twinklestar2 Sun 23-Dec-12 10:36:08

What a lovely Xmas present! Congratulations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now