Talk

Advanced search

First time trying to conceive - join me!

(17 Posts)
bluefreckles Tue 18-Dec-12 10:57:40

I have been off the pill for nearly 3 months now.
Last month I was convinced that I was pregnant as I had so many signs - tender swollen breasts, cramping, really bloated, back-ache, felt queasy and dizzy at times - but then I came on on the 1st December. My period was painful for half a day and heavy for a day. It then eased off and only last 3 days max.
I'm now 1 day after ovulation and am waiting to see what happens.
Is anyone else going through this at the moment?

MrsStephens Tue 18-Dec-12 20:58:50

Hi,

It sounds exciting for you - good luck!

I suppose we are kind of in the same situation, but I have no idea what is going on with me! Me and hubby only decided to start ttc on friday (first baby). My AF should have been here on sunday night. I'm never late, but I'm also aware that ovulation was a couple of weeks ago so its extremely unlikely that I will be pg now. We havent exactly been careful in the last few weeks, but he always makes sure its wrapped up towards 'the end' (TMI sorry!)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure its all in my head and that I'm not pg, but its all so exciting all the same. (it could be because all I have done ALL THE TIME since deciding to ttc is come on here and read whats going on with all the other mummies to be!) Maybe its all just a coincidence - only time will tell I suppose!

smile

eller1984 Tue 18-Dec-12 22:36:04

Hi,
I am. I am about to start my first round of clomid soon. So maybe call me an oldhand at ttc. But still trying to concieve my first all the same.
Good luck with your ttc journeys ladies.
xxx

bluefreckles Wed 19-Dec-12 09:06:07

Day two after ovulation. I'm feeling really hot - struggled to sleep last night - kept tossing and turning. Very bloated and gassy (sorry!).
Yesterday I needed to pee a lot despite barely drinking anything.
How is everyone else going?
It's really nice hearing what others are experiencing.
Bit of a novice though - what is Clomid? And what does AF stand for?
x

jemimahpuddleduck Wed 19-Dec-12 09:14:12

We are on our first month of TTC too. Not doing ov tests or anything at the moment but according to my iPhone app I should ovulate around Friday so busy dtd this week. All very exciting I'm hoping Xmas will take my mind of the two week wait. Hope all goes well for you all smile

alliwantforxmas Wed 19-Dec-12 15:40:40

Hello,

I am trying to conceive my first as well. Exciting, but stressful times.

We are on circle four, nothing as of yet, but have my fingers firmly crossed this month. Helps that my fertile weekend is this weekend when we shall hopefully be in a good mood to dtd lots! ;-)

I caved and bought the Clearblue Fertility Monitor this month, mainly just for reassurance that I was ovulating! lol. CD10 and according to the monitor I have high fertility today which is reassuring! DH and I are also taking his and hers Pregnacare Conception multivitamins.

Anyway hope we are able to go the pregnancy boards soon! :-) x

Smile87 Wed 19-Dec-12 21:56:40

Ttc my first. Finding it highly stressful especially as everyone is having babies confused.

lyndsey90 Wed 19-Dec-12 22:14:52

I will join ya!!
I'm 10dpo.
Boobs aching like buggery!!

Could be af throwing me warning signs tho :/

Fuls Wed 19-Dec-12 22:16:16

Hi all
I had my implant removed in Aug and ttc since to no avail!! This will be number 1
I'm now OD11 due af Sat having symptoms but all the symptoms are the same as af ones cramping, tingling boobs, crying at everything so who knows. Suppose will just have to wait till Sat.
Good luck everyone else x

lyndsey90 Wed 19-Dec-12 22:17:18

* jemimahpuddleduck* I'm using the phone app for my O too hah! :D

Fuls Wed 19-Dec-12 22:18:19

smile it is so stressful waiting every month to see if this is your month blush

Blanketsandpillows Wed 19-Dec-12 22:21:17

Me too! It's is our month trying-I think about 6 dpo but I'm not sure-only came off the pill last month. Fingers crossed for us all!

MotherOfCleo Thu 20-Dec-12 00:00:30

hi, me and my OH are trying for our first, its month 3 but i think i finally 'get' my body an what its doing. First month using OPK's this mo th I got a positive yday at 1pm, have DTD everyday since Friday and twice yday so fingers crossed. smile

bluefreckles Thu 20-Dec-12 17:19:02

Hi all
Today was pretty normal without any symptoms that I could note... tummy is much rounder and harder than normal but again, this could be down to period.
Wait and see I guess. Not due on until 31st. How soon should I expect to see signs? According to my app my ovulation day was 18th and we DTD a couple of days prior and a few times the week before. Might keep DTD regularly to keep the chances up, and for fun obviously!
Hope everyone is seeing positive signs. I'm not sure about me this month...

lyndsey90 Thu 20-Dec-12 18:46:15

This morning I was nauseous, light headed and my boobies were so tender!! 10dpo... Fingers crossed smile xx

bluefreckles Fri 21-Dec-12 16:57:00

Really hard and bloated stomach today sad

bluefreckles Sat 29-Dec-12 10:59:26

Well 12dpo and all symptoms (pregnancy or AF) have disappeared. It's like my body has switched off. AF due on Monday and no signs for it at all...
Strange...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now