Talk

Advanced search

How long did it take you to conceive after coming off the pill?

(14 Posts)
rozzycol Tue 18-Dec-12 10:18:56

I've been off the pill for nearly 3 months and am not pregnant yet (that I know of!). How long did it take you and what was your first sign that you were pregnant?
Thanks

Iwish Tue 18-Dec-12 18:58:31

I got pregnant with my DS 6th cycle off the pill. I was obsessed with POAS so did a test every day from 9dpo lol. So didn't have any symptoms before I found out xx

ISpyDingDongMerrilyOnHigh Tue 18-Dec-12 19:05:03

Took 8 months to conceive DS1 after coming off the pill. First signs of pregnancy were tingly nipples, increased sense of smell (though didn't link that with being pg at the time) and brown spotting when my period was due that didn't progress into an actual period.

Didn't go back on the pill between DC (used condoms instead) and DS2 was conceived in 2 months.

Good luck - hope you get your BFP soon smile.

Startail Tue 18-Dec-12 19:08:02

18 and 3 months

Ra88 Tue 18-Dec-12 19:10:46

8 months !

deliasmithy Wed 19-Dec-12 00:46:46

Rozzy - same

I know it may take a while. I'm impatient, was a bit naive about how long it takes for body to get back to normal.

HeffalumpsAndWoozles Wed 19-Dec-12 00:56:22

3 months both times. With I got period type cramps off & on for a week or so but no period, then did a test when I hadn't come onat the end of the week. Same experience with both pregnancies. With DD2 I also noticed certain foods tasting really odd in the few weeks before I poas.

FriendofDorothy Wed 19-Dec-12 00:56:43

18 months.

cassell Wed 19-Dec-12 01:04:42

First month both times - I was very lucky smile

First sign both times was feeling intermittently queasy/having a sudden aversion to particular foods/just feeling odd/different.

1st time I didn't believe it would happen so quickly and didn't bother with a test til I was 6wks (hadn't had periods for years so not having one wasn't a sign for me). Second time I was more clued up and I guessed at about 7dpo but didn't get a positive test til I was about 16dpo.

Everyone is different but I believe the average is 6mths.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Wed 19-Dec-12 20:31:22

2 years, 8 months but we had male factor issues that had to be treated.
First indication? I was exhausted and emotional but I put that down to PMS. Then I was sick at work after smelling strong chemicals. I was about 12dpo so I tested at home and got a BFP that afternoon!

Most couples will conceive within a year (80%) and 90% within 18 months so try not to stress about it. It's early days!

neontetra Wed 19-Dec-12 20:40:54

Five months. And I was 33 and had been on the pill for ever. And it was the dreaded cerazette. Scared myself silly reading stuff on the internet about the problems I might have getting pregnant... And it turned out fine. It is tough, but try not to worry too much - for most people, as someone said upthread, a year or eighteen months will do it. First sign was my missed period - had a little nausea and sore, itchy nipples soon after, but was largely symptom free, tbh, so that I kept worrying I wasn't really pregnant and had imagined my bfp!

wafflingworrier Wed 19-Dec-12 20:46:36

4-5 weeks! was a bit of a shock. i went to the doctor thinking my bad morning sickness was food poisening (at 8 weeks preg). bless her, my gp was very gentle in suggesting i take a pregnancy test :D

stargirl1701 Wed 19-Dec-12 20:47:39

1 month. A real shock. I had expected 12 months.

bluefreckles Thu 20-Dec-12 17:54:12

I'm wondering this too... First time TTC for me and have also been off pill for about 3 months.

I think I initially, and naively, thought I would get pregnant straight away - it was just a matter of stopping the pill.

Now I'm thinking the opposite - am I infertile. Is my other half?

Mind games constantly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now