Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

At what dpo did you get your bfp?

(11 Posts)
GiantUnderCrackers Thu 13-Dec-12 10:47:25

Ttc #2 for 10+ months - I have pcos. I got a bfp at about 10 dpo with dd and tracked cycle with opk's. This month I feel different to others but am so upset with getting bfn's and stupidly tested far too early and had a bfn at 9 dpo. Currently 11 dpo and feel like maybe I am still in with a chance but who knows, but getting thoroughly upset with the whole thing. Just wondered when you got your bfp's and whether I am the only one who tortures myself with early testing only to be gutted time after time! Why do I do it to myself?! Good thing is we are being referred for assisted conception in the new year (again)...

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Thu 13-Dec-12 10:50:51

I got it at what I thought was 12 dpo but according to my scan dates it was actually more like 14, seems I ovulated earlier than I thought! I only tested because I was throwing up which is unusual for me.
Seriously. Step away from the tests! Test again when your AF is due. Save yourself the heartache! Hope you get your BFP soon.

I tested loads from about 9 dpo onwards but never got a + before about 12dpo, and even then it was utterly faint and we couldn't trust it, it was usually about 14dpo we'd get a faint but definitely there line. Getting a nice big pink one now at 18dpo! smile

Good luck x

beckie90 Thu 13-Dec-12 11:55:05

Keeep away ther evil things early testing while lots can get posatives as early as 9 days po were all different and the hcg level is different for many people. 1st ds I didn't know I was preg till missed period tested 2 days late and ovulated day 12 so I was around 18 days po by time I tested, very very strong posative. Ds 2 I tested 4 days before af due an ovulated day 12 so 12 days po. This time I kept testing and testing early to get negatives and spent a fortune I did get 1 2 days after af due but definatly ovulated late think day 16/17 so I was around 13/14 days po xxx

RugBugsWearingLittleSantaHats Thu 13-Dec-12 12:03:10

I had a feint line on a sensitive test at 12dpo but I had been feeling very rough since 8dpo.
I could have quite happily not tested but I had a boozy dinner to go to.
I liked that by not testing I could live in the happy bubble that I might be preggers, testing could have ruined that.

WillYuleDoTheFandango Thu 13-Dec-12 12:07:16

Not until about 17 dpo, a test at 14dpo was negative

janey1234 Thu 13-Dec-12 12:11:16

Negative 9DPO, positive 11DPO

And yes, I was obsessed with POAS too - an expensive addiction though!blush

AmandaCooper Sat 15-Dec-12 11:41:39

I got a negative at 10 DPO and a very faint positive at 11 DPO.

MurderOfProse Mon 17-Dec-12 11:52:09

I chart, OPKs, temp taking, the lot so I'm fairly clear on O day. I've had shadows at 7dpo before but conclusive lines as early as 8dpo with most by 9dpo (six clinical pregnancies). I've never had a "sticky" BFP on 10dpo or later but I had a chemical that showed at 11dpo once. For me, I know I am out by 10dpo - other people would say I am crazy to think that but after a few dozen cycles TTC and a bunch of BFPs you start to see a trend, y'know? smile

I am one of those people that gets early BFPs however, we're all different. It's down to how you metabolise the HCG and how much you produce. And a few people don't get BFPs until past when AF is due. Some do say they get BFPs as late as 14dpo when they normally get them at 8/9dpo but in most cases I'd wonder if they had correctly pinpointed O - there are exceptions though. Just not with me!

KitCat26 Mon 17-Dec-12 12:33:27

Faint line at 8days with DD2. Tested again at 10 days and it was a strong line.
Strong line at 9days with DD1.
I have a short luteal phase of 9/10 days so my period was due. The main give away for me was feeling like I would heave if I smelt coffee.

Iwish Mon 17-Dec-12 19:08:31

I got a v faint line on an Internet 10miu test at 9dpo xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now