Talk

Advanced search

False positives?

(9 Posts)
AmmyT Fri 30-Nov-12 19:33:57

Hi!
I was wondering if it's possible to get false positives?
I'm only a few days late, but have been getting loads of symptoms... I did a pregnancy test yesterday which came up as positive... Then one this morning just to be sure, and that read positive too. But today, I've been getting stomach cramps (almost like those before you have your period) I've got another test (different brand) which I'll take tomorrow, but in your opinions, would you say I'm more likely to be pregnant? Thanks x

WinklyVersusTheZombies Fri 30-Nov-12 19:35:13

I think two positive pregnancy tests would be a pretty strong indicator that you're pregnant, yes.

AmmyT Fri 30-Nov-12 19:43:16

Thank you.
I know this sounds silly, but I was told that I might not be able to have children, and myself and my fiancé weren't trying... So I think I didn't want to believe it just yet, in case I got my hopes up.
Thank you x

WinklyVersusTheZombies Fri 30-Nov-12 19:43:55

Oh you're extraordinarily unlikely to get a false positive test ONCE never mind twice. The tests detect hcg, a hormone only released during pregnancy. The only real way a person gets a false positive is if they have had a recent miscarriage, which I am assuming you haven't for the sake of this post.

WinklyVersusTheZombies Fri 30-Nov-12 19:44:41

And congratulations. Folic acid, no booze, give the docs a ring on Monday.

lisad123 Fri 30-Nov-12 19:45:47

Nope your pregnant. Congratulations smile

AmmyT Fri 30-Nov-12 19:46:05

Will do!
Thank you

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 30-Nov-12 23:05:15

The stomach cramps are totally normal in early (well and ongoing!) pregnancy and the uterus and ligaments stretch. I'd say two positive tests after your period was due are pretty indicative of pregnancy! Congratulations smile

mumof2girls99 Mon 03-Dec-12 14:17:40

hi i just wanted to say cramps are normal early on congratulations on your pregnancy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now