Talk

Advanced search

Longed for BFP... and really scared!

(4 Posts)
teaandcakesolveseverything Mon 26-Nov-12 10:29:05

I (think) I've got what I've been wanting so much all these months.... A BFP! I expected to feel really happy and excited when this finally came, but instead I can't actually believe it, I am frightened and I want to check my knickers every 5 minutes, because if it actually is true, I can't believe that its going to stick. And even though I have what I presume is morning sickness and feel absolutely terrible, I keep thinking that this could be entirely psychosomatic and it could be my mind playing tricks on me... even though it never occurred to me that I would feel this sick so early, and my BFP isn't real and it was just a malfunction! But while I am thinking all these things, I won't go out and get another one in case it comes back as BFN and I just couldn't cope with that! Is this normal? Please, someone? These last couple of days since that little line appeared have been sooooooo long!

dinkystinky Mon 26-Nov-12 10:30:52

Congratulations - and dont worry. Its normal to hit panic mode when a positive test turns up - regardless of whether its your first or eighth! Just concentrate on taking one day at a time, take your folic acid, get through the feeling bad period, and make appointments with your GP for antenatal referral.

teaandcakesolveseverything Mon 26-Nov-12 10:34:13

Thanks for replying! Its nice to know that I'm not a total fruitloop!

Ellie092 Mon 26-Nov-12 10:41:07

I know exactly how your feeling I felt like that when I took my pregnancy test panic pieced straight through me and I was terrified about every little thing!

My midwife said morning sickness is a very good sign in pregnancy I never did have it tho and I use to worry about not throwing up lol just relax go to your gp get folic acid and take everyday as it comes and enjoy being pregnant smile congrats xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now