Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Question/wwyd?

(7 Posts)
TripleRock Tue 20-Nov-12 13:34:14

Just wondered if someone could help me out with a bit of advice.

I am not actively ttc however would feel relaxed about the possibility of getting pregnant again fairly soon.

Over the weekend which was roughly CD9 or 10, DH and I had an unexpected moment of passion and didn't use anything.

I'm not 100% sure on my usual cycle length as I haven't paid close enough attention to them since AF returned during BF DD so I am at a bit of a loss. Today is about CD12 and pretty sure I haven't ovulated yet this cycle.

Do people think we've probably 'got away with it' so early(ish) in my cycle; are the chances of getting preg so vanishingly small that I don't need to give it a second thought or am I in with a chance that would warrant laying off the wine etc. More of a wwyd wrt wine and supplements, is it even worth worrying about it?

Thankyou in advance for the advice.

TinkyPeet Tue 20-Nov-12 14:48:49

Did you keep track of your ov times before? I'm an early ov'er, I ov on around cd8-10 so it would depend on your exact cycle lengths etc, if your on cd12 maybe do opks for the next week or so to see if anything happens? Other than that all I can suggest is take it easy untill af is due then you'll know for sure. Hope you get the result you want xx

PuppyMummy Tue 20-Nov-12 18:54:11

I also ovulate around day 9/10 so u might not have missed it.

MissWinklyParadiso Tue 20-Nov-12 20:08:28

Sperm can live for up to a week inside you so if you ovulate up until the weekend you could well get pregnant.

Northey Tue 20-Nov-12 20:17:04

You're not early in what would be the average cycle. In fact you're pretty much bang on the moment they tell you to start shagging.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 20-Nov-12 20:37:58

According to my dating scan I conceived from dtd on cd 6 that with an average cycle length of 27 days.
Based on that, I'd say you weren't exactly 'safe'! Ultimately unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy. There's not really a lot you can do about it now but wait and see....

BugsyGalore Tue 20-Nov-12 20:51:59

An unexpected moment of passion? Someone remind me what one of those feels like.

When they used to tell you in school that unprotected sex = babies; in most cases they meant it.

I'd suggest deciding how you feel if you are pregnant, if you'll be happy than maybe get some folic acid and lay off the booze until you know if you are pregnant. If you will feel different to that, i'd suggest you speak to your GP re the morning after pill or coil (which can work for 5 days after sex i think).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: