Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ovulation two days prior to period

(2 Posts)
typhoonsmum Sun 18-Nov-12 18:26:55

hi all..

just wondering if it is possible to get pg a few days before your period is due.
i am currently two days late... have sore boobs and achy cramps as if period is on it's way but nothing happens.. i am never late.. early sometimes but never late. took some cheap tests and they all come up negative.. dh and i were intimate around the time of suspected ovulation (14 days prior to period) and 2 days before period was meant to arrive.
if i did ovulate late i suspect period would be late. how long before i start to panic.

FrankelDeBeauvoir Sun 18-Nov-12 19:57:50

No you wouldn't get your period only 2 days after ovulating. You need the progesterone levels to rise and fall again to trigger the shedding of the uterine lining and this takes around 14ish days.

It is possible that you are pregnant but still too early for a large enough amount of HCG to be in your system. It is also possible you ovulated a few days late this cycle, which means your period isn't due yet.

All I can suggest is wait another few days and test again.

Hope you get the result you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now