Talk

Advanced search

How long was your first cycle after stopping pill??

(10 Posts)
frogchops Sun 18-Nov-12 09:30:49

I finished taking microgynon a month ago, ovulated (i think) when I should've done and now I'm waiting for af to show up. Anyone done the same and waited ages?? Have done a few IC tests ...all bfn. Been getting all the relevant af pains, but it just hasn't shown up. I am only a day late tho, maybe I'm panicking??

MrsBri Sun 18-Nov-12 10:16:44

The thing is, you're not late, as you don't know what your natural cycle is.

The cycle on the pill is totally artificial and can't be used as a basis for how long your non-pill cycle will be.

Post-pill, my cycles were 28, 26, 32, 30, pregnant.

So no consistency at all and I'm no clearer as to how long my natural cycle is!

frogchops Sun 18-Nov-12 10:42:08

I know I'm prob panicking about nothing but I think when ov came along at the expected time, I just imagined the rest would too.

MrsBri Sun 18-Nov-12 11:53:15

Were you using OPKs? Even if you got a positive, you may not have ovulated. Or ovulated when you thought.

I'd been on the injection prior to the pill, so my situation is a bit different, but I don't think I even ovulated the first 2 cycles, bearing in mind the pain I got at ovulation the third month onwards.

You really need to relax though, else TTC is going to be an utter nightmare for you.

Getting a normal cycle back after the pill can take a while, so if it is a bit irregular it isn't a surprise.

I've known at least 2 people have no period post-pill and get pregnant. One after about 3 months, one after 6. One day 'late' is nothing compared to them!

frogchops Sun 18-Nov-12 13:43:19

No opks but everything else indicated ovulation. Especially the pain!!

QuietNinjaTardis Sun 18-Nov-12 13:47:33

Mine was 32 days frog. And my cycles have been all over the place since then and I've been off the pill for 6 months.

MrsBri Sun 18-Nov-12 14:03:04

Oh, and just to confuse things, OV pain can happen before, during and after ovulation, so you can't use it to pinpoint the exact day of OV.

katheroo Mon 19-Nov-12 21:57:24

Hi, when I got pregnant with my ds (now 5) it was straight after coming off the pill,although I was 8 weeks pregnant before i knew it-i just thought I was having a really long cycle! I also had a bleed around day 30 which I assumed was my period but Must have been implantation bleed.

Pipbin Mon 19-Nov-12 23:04:51

My first cycle was 28 days, however the one after that was about 40 days. It took about 4 cycles to settle down to a regular pattern.

BraveLilBear Tue 20-Nov-12 11:49:08

Pre-pill, I think they were about 35 IIRC, though that was when I was 18 (ie a very very long time ago).

Post- they were: 32, 32, 32, 36, 28, 30, 31, 40 (blaming sister's wedding on late ovulation, def not a chemical preg), 32. I'm averaging around 31.5.

From ov pain to AF, it's usually 13-15 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now