Talk

Advanced search

Could I be pregnant?????

(8 Posts)
beebee1978 Mon 12-Nov-12 19:03:31

I've already got a son that's 22 months, so the question may sound a little stupid but I really need some advice.
I've had a rough few months with my partner, he left me when ds was 14 months old and then I developed a auto immune skin disease( through stress I think) well anyway after treatment I'm in an non active phase of the disease and me and partner are working through are problems.
I'm on the pill and last had a period on the 8th October then had sex on the 23rd but I also missed my pill that same day. I was due to have a period on the 3rd nov but only had spotting on the 7 th till the 9th and I was only a few drops.
I'm really scared I maybe pregnant, I've brought a cheap test to do in the morning but I need your views on what you think my chance are of it being positive. Need some hand holding :-(

digerd Mon 12-Nov-12 19:21:21

Theoretically, if you forgot the pill on the 23rd, which was 15th day of your cycle, it could be possible, but, your egg would have had to be pretty nifty to get released after being on the pill for that amount of time. But who knows - a late period usually means conception has taken place. There again It may not be. Sorry can't give you definitive proof you are not pregnant. I had no spotting when pregnant but some do.
Good Luck.

beebee1978 Mon 12-Nov-12 20:16:24

Thank you digerd for your reply. It's just how I thought could go either way.

VintageLace Mon 12-Nov-12 20:26:22

only one way to find out! agree with digerd it may be a small chance due to the pill but these things do happen.

how would you feel if you got a BFP?

beebee1978 Mon 12-Nov-12 20:37:18

Thanks vintagelace. It would be completely the wrong timing but i would certainly go through with the pregnancy without a doubt. My son was very much planned and I had previously miscarried before I got pg with him. I just feel very upset with myself that I'm not excited at the prospect of being pregnant and how careless I've been.

VintageLace Mon 12-Nov-12 20:52:39

don't be too hard on yourself, you are only human! smile

i hope you get the result you want.

lyndie Mon 12-Nov-12 20:57:33

We're not supposed to say this but you're unlikely to ovulate if you miss one pill in the middle of a cycle. Missing pills at the beginning of a pack is much riskier on the other hand. So I think it's unlikely in your situation but hope you get a definitive answer in the morning.

beebee1978 Mon 12-Nov-12 21:07:06

Thank you vintagelace, that's very true. Thank you Lyndie here goes tomorrow morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now