Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Blood test showed I didn't ovulate but got bfp!

(5 Posts)
cogitosum Mon 12-Nov-12 15:42:42

I had a mmc in June. Had blood test on 29th at what should be 7 days post ovulation.

Called dr for results and was told I need to come in which indicates abnormal results. Made appointment for today.

In the meantime I get a bfp on Thursday! I'm over the moon. Did CBD and it went up to 2-3 weeks on Saturday so hcg seems to be rising nicely.

Went to dr today and it turns out my blood test showed I hadnt ovulated as progesterone only 19. (I think it should be above 30 after ovulation).

Dr was completely unconcerned but I dont see how it's possible. I can't have ovulated later than I thought as I couldn't be pregnant (based on when we dtd). the earliest it could've been is 4 days post ovulation.

Is it possible for progesterone to be this low 7 Days after ovulation when you conceived? Could the test be wrong? I'm completely confused!

EuroShagmore Mon 12-Nov-12 16:57:04

You said yourself it could have been less than 7 days post-ov and still rising.

Congrats on your BFP!

cogitosum Mon 12-Nov-12 17:14:24

Thank you.

It's not just low for 7 days post ovulation. It's low for ovulation. If I hadn't conceived they would be saying I hadn't ovulated.

It's not bad I guess as I'm pregnant smile

Just odd!

clickingtock Mon 12-Nov-12 17:38:38

Just goes to shows that tests don't necessarily mean much or even help. So pleased for you. Good luck!!

willitbe Mon 12-Nov-12 22:04:07

If you were only 4dpo when the test was done it would still be too low, and rising. The "day 21" progesterone test has to be done on 6,7,8 or 9 dpo for it to be accurate by any means.

Therefore I would hazzard a guess that you had to be between 2 to 4 dpo (or 11 to 13dpo allowing for inaccuracies in the cbd readings). Out of curiosity how do you know when you ovulated, were you temping or are you going on opks or other? Have you taken into account that sperm can live up to 7 days in ideal conditions, so when you dtd can be +7 days before ovulation and still have pregnancy (unusual though it is for that long). Anyway it does not really matter as the main thing is that congratulations are due as you are pregnant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now