Talk

Advanced search

cerazette-is it common not to have af on 7 day break??

(14 Posts)
Hammy01 Sat 10-Nov-12 21:31:30

Hi there, just started on cerazette and I've had no af on my break...ive taken a pg test and its bfn..its been 10 days now :/ should I carry on with new pill pack or still b concerned that I may get a bfp? Have had really worrying pregnancy symptoms that I had with my first two to the extent of implantation bleed...hmmm..anyone else had this? Thanks in advance for all advice. The test I used was Tesco...should be reliable right?!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 10-Nov-12 21:55:34

Umm...you're not meant to have a break on cerazette?! You take it continuously.. I used to get a small bleed every four weeks. How long have you been taking it? Didn't your GP tell you that?
Assuming you don't want to get pregnant, you need to use alternative protection e.g condoms for at least a week and if you've had sex since you stopped taking it, you'll need to retest about two weeks after the sex - stopping the cerazette may have given your body time to ovulate!

batteryhen Sat 10-Nov-12 22:14:40

You are definitely not meant to have a break!! Extra protection for you....unless you want to be pregnant ?!

RightsaidFreud Sat 10-Nov-12 22:16:23

Like everyone else has said, you DO NOT take a break on cerazette, unless you are trying to get pg.

AnyaKnowIt Sat 10-Nov-12 22:17:29

You don't have a break on cerazette

JobCarHouseNoBaby Sat 10-Nov-12 22:18:42

You're meant to take it continuously with no break

I switched to it in March and still no af... grin

Northernexile Sat 10-Nov-12 22:22:15

Another one here with no period since starting to take it (in March). You get 28 tablets in a pack though- definitely do not have a break!!!

Hammy01 Sat 10-Nov-12 22:28:18

o my goodness what a dope I am...i cannot believe I overlooked that...i feel so embarrassed.. Thank U so mumsnetters.. The doctor never mentioned that this was a 28 day pill. O the shame shock

Hammy01 Sat 10-Nov-12 22:30:54

O god...i cannot believe I didn't notice that this was a 28 day pill.. Feel like such a dick.. Am mortified.

vodkaanddietirnbru Sat 10-Nov-12 22:31:58

you take it every day around the same time with no breaks between packs. I had no periods for about 3 years using it - now using the mirena coil

aimingtobeaperfectionist Sat 10-Nov-12 22:34:10

No break, no periods for 6 years. Got pregnant first month after stopping taking it.

Hammy01 Sat 10-Nov-12 22:42:06

Thing is, its not like im stupid so why the hell I didn't notice it was a 28 day pack..the doc took me off my last pill as im of a certain age and still a minimal smoker, so went from pill brand of 21 days to now I know 28 day... Ladies the shame I feel is immense.. I'm 36 I should know everything about contraception by now sad

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 10-Nov-12 22:44:40

Your GP is at fault for not spelling it out to you, especially if you were on a combined pill before! Key thing is you know now. Have you had sex since you stopped taking it?

Hammy01 Sat 10-Nov-12 22:50:33

no thankfully, although my dh was very excited that we may have another one on way when I voiced concerns of no show af. I however was more concerned as even tho it would not be end of world , the stress of childcare while we both work f/t with 2 currently is nightmare enough to put me off anymore sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now