Talk

Advanced search

ttc after miscarriage last week

(3 Posts)
acsr1987 Fri 09-Nov-12 20:22:03

i am still bleeding slightly after medical mangement of baby that was around 9 weeks
i went a week gone last tuesday for medical man but lost over 2 and a half litres of blood and had to hav op the next day aswell as 2 blood transfusions. physically feeling much better although still abit tired, mentally a total mess.... the only thing that can make everything right is to get pregnant again... might sound stupid but there you go.
is anyone else in the same boat? how long is normal to bleed? and when am i likely to ovulate? just need help!

Irishmammybread Fri 09-Nov-12 23:20:17

Sorry you're going through this, it's not stupid to feel a need to get pregnant again,it's a very natural reaction to your loss.
People vary a lot in amount of bleeding and how long it takes to get back to normal cycles.
From my own experience, I've had three naturally managed miscarriages this year. I started spotting blood at about 10 weeks in March which progressed to heavy bleeding and I lost the pregnancy sac a week later. Bleeding continued for another week or so.My AF arrived 35 days after bleeding had started, I usually have a 28 day cycle.
I conceived again but lost this one at 6 weeks in June. Bleeding lasted a week and was like a heavy,painful period.
By then I was charting my temp so I know I ovulated 14 days after bleeding started and conceived at that time.
Unfortunately I found out at a scan at 10 wks in August that heart had stopped at 8w6d and I went on to miscarry the third time at 12 weeks, bleeding for about 10 days in total.
My next ovulation after the miscarriage was d23,I had a luteal phase of 12d. so it was another 35 day cycle. My next cycle was 29d, ovulation was on d14,so back to normal but I didn't get pregnant.
I don't know how much bleeding is normal after an ERPC,someone else may be able to advise you.It sounds like you've had a particularly traumatic time with all the blood loss,and the emotional aspect is even harder to deal with.
Look after yourself,give yourself time to grieve and I hope you get your BFP soon.

acsr1987 Sat 10-Nov-12 18:14:47

oh my god im so sorry to hear that youve lost 3! im so so sooooooo sorry, its the worst heartache ever! how are you not in some psych hospital with a nervous tick?!?!!? i feel like that just now its the worst feeling ever!!
everytime i think my bleeding has calmed down we have a good shag and it starts again... is that normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now