Talk

Advanced search

Ttc six months

(10 Posts)
LeenHS Fri 09-Nov-12 18:04:26

Any takers? I've been trying for six months and finding it confusing and frustrating... Any others in boat?

QuietNinjaTardis Fri 09-Nov-12 18:06:26

Yep me on 6th cycle now. Dh been away for a few days so bit worried ill have missed the boat again but have no idea when I ovulate so its pot luck really. Getting a bit frustrated now.
I found taking charge of your fertility in a charity shop for a few quid so I'm half way through hoping it'll help.

mamalovebird Fri 09-Nov-12 18:11:42

Keep going, it took me & DH 10 months before I finally got my bfp. The last month I used zestica gel. Don't know if that was what finally did it, but who knows. I had almost given up, had an appointment at the hospital to check me out, but thankfully didn't need it. Good luck smile

QuietNinjaTardis Fri 09-Nov-12 18:13:06

Congrats mama! What the jeff is zestica gel?

mamalovebird Fri 09-Nov-12 18:21:24

Go to boots and take a look. It, erm, is supposed to help sperm on it's way. Not in any way sexy but hey ho, I was giving everything a go by then!

IHeartKingThistle Fri 09-Nov-12 18:26:25

We tried for 6 months, got stressed, decided to give ourselves a month off, went on holiday. Guess what? smile

LeenHS Fri 09-Nov-12 19:07:22

I've got that book but haven't started it yet. Looks a bit intimidating... maybe I should try. And thanks for Zestica tip. Congratulations to mama and Iheartking, that's so great.

IHeartKingThistle Fri 09-Nov-12 20:21:07

Thanks - she's getting on for 6 now though! I do remember very well how frustrating and worrying it is. Hope it works out for you, I'm sure it will smile

FrankelDeBeauvoir Fri 09-Nov-12 20:59:15

Try using the Fertility Friend website, it can help you keep track of things.

6 months is by no means a long time, so don't put too much pressure on yourself. 90% of healthy couples will conceive within 1 year of starting TTC. Personally, we've been TTC for 2.5 years, so you've a long way to go before you catch us up grin

RaspberrysAndIcecream Sat 10-Nov-12 08:19:17

Definitely understand where you're coming from, we're 6 months in & finding it pretty frustrating!!
Quite glad to know it's not just me!!

The 2ww is so long!!! My house has never been so organised!! grin anything to keep busy & not think about it. (doesn't stop me thinking about it, but I'm not as bad as I was!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now