Talk

Advanced search

Holy crap! Do I believe BFP?

(14 Posts)
WeatherWitch Fri 09-Nov-12 14:55:28

Right, here's the history. TTC DC1 for 18 months or so, managed it this summer, miscarried at 10 weeks (4 weeks ago). Stopped bleeding after a week or so, all fine. Based on the fact that DH and I don't see that much of each other we carried on shagging while he was last home a couple of weeks ago, without really thinking too hard about it. For the past few nights I've been having really freaky dreams and getting up a couple of times to wee, plus I've started hating chicken and craving cream cakes and been bursting into tears at stupid things, so decided to POAS today and guess what? BFP. Is this real, or is it just still a hangover from previous pregnancy hormones?

450fromPaddington Fri 09-Nov-12 20:28:22

I hope you ARE pregnant, but to be sure you should see your GP! Best of luck smile

Rhubarb78 Fri 09-Nov-12 20:56:40

is it a convincing positive or faint? I would say if its faint its possibly either early days or from previous pregnancy. if its dark then more likely to be a new pregnancy. I suppose the only way you will know for sure is if you got bloods to see if the hormone is increasing so as 450 says, you need to see your GP. Sorry for your loss and I hope you get the results you want

WeatherWitch Fri 09-Nov-12 21:47:53

It was one of the Clear Blue digital ones and came up 1-2 weeks. Realised after I posted that it's actually 4 weeks since I had the scan showing it was all gone, so it's 5 weeks after the actual miscarriage, and it had stopped developing 4 weeks before that - not sure what difference that makes to hormone levels.

Left a message for the midwife this afternoon but it's Friday so there'll be nothing from her over the weekend, my doctor only works Tues and Thurs but in any case there's always at least a 10 day wait for an appointment with any of the doctors at the practice so nothing is going to happen quickly. Hence why I'm asking people on here for their experiences.

Most annoying bit is that I now can't have any of that nice bottle of red that's sitting on the worktop sad Or the squidgy mozzarella...

Rhubarb78 Fri 09-Nov-12 22:29:20

if i remember rightly, i got a bfn about 2 weeks after the end of my mc but everyone is different. I would say its more likely to be true but dont want to get your hopes up. you could always keep checking with the cbd's to see if the conception indicator goes up but they are sooo expensive. good luck and i hope you get to see a doc soon

lightrain Fri 09-Nov-12 22:35:23

You can eat mozzarella! Nothing wrong with that in pg at all.

Fingers crossed for you.

wilderumpus Sat 10-Nov-12 08:35:35

weather! I have all my fingers crossed for you!

It took me about 3 weeks after my mc at 10 weeks to get a BFN - have you tested and had any BFNs after your mc? But tbh i would tentatively think this probably looks like a new pg... get a FRER and see if you get a decent line? at this stage it would almost certainly be super duper faint if it was a BFP from the mc?

good luck grin

WeatherWitch Sat 10-Nov-12 11:14:06

Hello wilde! Thank you all - I never tried to see if I had a BFN afterwards so no clues there. I did think I ovulated though (EWCM a week after the bleeding stopped) and that was around the time DH and I went away for the weekend in rubbish weather and we hadn't got a lot else to do... If I manage to get to the shops today I'll buy a test with lines and see what I get - I'll let you all know smile

Unpasteurised mozzarella a few days past its sell by date?

Oooh, I was a bit apprehensive last night at the idea of being PG again but am starting to get excited today. Mustn't get excited, mustn't get excited, might all be a false alarm...

Christelle2207 Sat 10-Nov-12 13:35:59

so sorry about your mc. Sounds very promising to me. Fingers crossed!

WeatherWitch Sat 10-Nov-12 15:35:25

Gah! BFN from Sainsbo's own brand test. <eyes up wine bottle and mozzarella> Bloody hypersensitive CB digital tests, mutter mutter... Still no AF though.

wilderumpus Sat 10-Nov-12 17:49:32

Oh bugger, am really sorry to hear that sad cb digi's aren't that sensitive tho, but nor are sainbury's tests AFAIK? hmm. FRER are the most sensitive, if you got a BFN on that then it is most likely BFN and you can move on and get shitfaced hurrah.

good luck if you try again soon, and if this isn't your month then fantastically huge big luck for next month! grin thanks

Rhubarb78 Sat 10-Nov-12 17:54:47

so sorry weather i am inclined to agree with wilder tho, i have had bfp's on fr and bfn on digi in the past, i dont think they are the most sensitive. I would check a fr too and if thats neg then down your wine and eat your out of date cheese grin best of luck, if not for this month then for next x

WeatherWitch Sat 10-Nov-12 17:55:34

Will maybe keep testing and see what MW says next week. Sainsbury's didn't stock FRER ones so that wasn't an option - and at £3.50 for 2 I don't mind wasting a Sainsburys one. Maybe one very small glass of wine can be justified (I'm not an alcoholic, honest, but there's quite a nice bottle that's been open since Tuesday and it'd be a shame to chuck it out...) wink

Rhubarb78 Sat 10-Nov-12 19:35:31

A small glass would do you no harm whatsoever, enjoy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now