Talk

Advanced search

help! 2x positive hpts but I thought I'd had my period...

(11 Posts)
blargl Thu 08-Nov-12 18:43:51

well the title says it all! nearly...

I'm at what I thought was cd13. my last period was lighter than usual and came a day early. i. had some v light spotting today and cramps. I usually have a 34 day cycle so this seemed weird. got home from work and did an opk - got a smiley. I thought that seemed weird given my cycles.

then though just on the offchance I'd do a hpt. well the first line came up immediately on a frer. so I checked on a cb digital and it says pregnant 3+. now the weirder thing was I did an internet cheapie the day before and it said bfn.

mn-ers I feel so weird. I called the docs and I can't get an appointment till next Friday. what do you think I should do? does anyone know can hcg from ovulation make an hpt go positive?

keepitgoing Fri 09-Nov-12 04:09:07

Congratulations! It sounds like you are one of those women who make us all the crazier thinking af doesn't necessarily mean we're not pregnant who had a bleed around the time of your period despite being pregnant. I understand some women get it for several months. Or it might have been an implantation bleed. Either way, you're pregnant! (probably about 6 weeks)

As for the internet cheapie the day before, i think you mean yesterday?, could just have been a dud. You wouldn't have got a false positive on FRER and CBD.

YokoUhOh Fri 09-Nov-12 04:15:57

Congratulations! This happened to me - it was implantation bleeding, not my period, therefore there's every chance you're pregnant!

blargl Fri 09-Nov-12 06:50:26

thanks keepitgoing and YokoUhOh.

I'm going to go round to the docs today and see if I can get an emergency appointment. did the other CBD this am and the pregnant 3+ came up within 1 minute. on the FRER the pregnant line on the left is about twice as dark as the control line on the right (I may definitely did get up in the night and do the other FRER from the pack. so that's 2 cbd and 2 frers --and 2 internet cheapies that I did to
check they were working-- that were all positive. I am beginning to allow myself to think it might be true...

Dexidoo Fri 09-Nov-12 07:24:57

Congratulations blargl that many pregnancy tests certainly can't lie!!!

blargl Fri 09-Nov-12 07:31:53

haha Dexi maybe I did go a bit mad!

lightrain Fri 09-Nov-12 07:34:12

Same thing happened to me. Congrats!

blargl Fri 09-Nov-12 07:40:02

thanks, fx it's for real lightrain!

blargl Fri 09-Nov-12 15:46:55

update: the docs sent me to the local EPAU. they confirmed that I am pg! the nurse thought 6 weeks. but I've got to go back on Monday for a scan to check out the bleeding from 2 weeks ago. fx everything is ok. feel like I can't get excited even though I want to be!

kittykatskumkwat Fri 09-Nov-12 20:07:19

You can get excited!! If the bleeding had ment anything a test 2 weeks later wouldn't be a strong positive, I had exactly the same a"af" that was abit earlier then normal only lasted 2 days then when I started doing the opk cd13 aswell was + was very odd as im usually cd17/19 it was a week after that the doctor told me to test when I was explaining my cycles and pregnant 3+ just like you, they were never concerned about the bleeding and just said it was an implantation bleed, my 29wk pregnant friend also had exactly the same smile

blargl Sat 10-Nov-12 22:51:15

thanks kitty. I think the main reason I have to have the scan is that this wed I had the tiniest bit of bleeding. like all that happened was the toilet tissue was slightly pink when I wiped (tmi) and (more tmi alert) when I had a bit of a rummage there was a little brown blood that was gone hours later. that and some cramps on wed were what made me wonder if I was ovulating and then do the opk, that in turn was what led me to do the FRER test. so I really really hope that was just something harmless. I have felt progressively sicker each day this week, today I felt exhausted, and right now my nipples hurt. so fx all is still well.......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now