Talk

Advanced search

Late bfp = miscarriage more likely?

(5 Posts)
Neiffer Wed 07-Nov-12 19:24:32

Evening
This may be a pointless thread as I haven't had a bfp yet. However. I'm nearly a week late for af which never happens, have done numerous IC tests that have all been neg and one first response which gave a very faint positive 2 days after af was due. I've decided to not test again till next week but I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant. If I am, as my positive was so faint is it more likely to be a 'weak' pregnancy? (This may sound stupid I know...) it's just with ds I got a bfp the day af was due and it was clear as anything....

BraveLilBear Thu 08-Nov-12 15:25:59

It's hard to know until you test again - if it's stronger, would look like it was sticking. Could be that you got your dates wrong, or implantation was late or something...

Good luck

sparkle101 Thu 08-Nov-12 15:48:21

My bfp didn't come till day seven, negatives all the way till then. Dd arrived full term and now two years old. If you are worried maybe speak to doctors who can do a blood test.

BeadyEyes Thu 08-Nov-12 17:49:49

I am in a similar situation - got 3 very faint (almost invisible) lines on IC's then a not dark, but stronger line on a Superdrug test today. I am 3 days late. I have heard that the IC's can give false negatives. I have also heard that some weak + tests do end up with a chemical pregnancy, but others work out just fine, so I am proceeding on the basis that it will stick. Oh and I also read (not that I'd know myself) that every pregnancy is different in terms of when you get the BFP. What about trying with another first response? Best of luck!

Neiffer Thu 08-Nov-12 19:31:48

Thanks for the replies. My dates could be wrong...although my cycle is totally average and predictable. I think I'm just going to have to throw mire money at proper tests! I just read the full reviews on amazon of the IC tests and 50% of them say they have a neg when they were pos. hmm. There's just a small part of me that feels like just seeing what happens rather than testing, getting excited and it all going wrong. Weird really, didnt feel like that with ds :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now