Talk

Advanced search

Urgh. What is this? TMI

(10 Posts)
CanYouGetDownPlease Wed 07-Nov-12 13:37:32

We've been TTC for 9 months. I have PCOS, and have not a period this year. I've been taking Metformin for 6 weeks now.
We were abroad last week, I didn't take my Metformin as wanted a week to just relax and forget about the stress and it gives me the chronic shits. I had a small amount of pink 'gloop' about 9-10 days ago. Didn't think much of it. We were shagging like randy teenagers whilst away, so thought maybe triggered some spotting and dismissed it.
Same 'gloop' reared its horrible face again yesterday. I've been feeling a bit tearful, and had some period like aching in lower tummy / back. Thought perhaps I was finally going to have some kind of bleed, but no red/fresh blood.
So today....I wiped and there was almost a handful worth of this brown, stringy, stuff.
What is it????
I have not POAS'd, as I cannot bear any more disappointment.

CanYouGetDownPlease Wed 07-Nov-12 18:33:29

Bump

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Wed 07-Nov-12 18:36:56

I would do an ovulation test if you have one? It could be cervical mucus due to ovulation or if you're feeling emotional and achy it could be your period is on the way.

waitingtobeamummy Wed 07-Nov-12 18:40:41

I sometimes get this a few days before my "proper" period starts. It's a bit yucky isn't it? smile sometimes get it and then nothing for a few days.

LifesAHappySong Thu 08-Nov-12 09:30:31

I felt exactly like this, had tiny bit of pink gloop plus cramping and feeling PMTish, also PCOS and no periods - terrified of POAS in case it was negative but eventually I did and I got my BFP - might be worth a go although I know how scary it can be. Hope it works out for you.

CanYouGetDownPlease Thu 08-Nov-12 19:57:34

Thanks all, don't have any ovulation sticks but we DTD in case it was anything ovulation related. I've had a fair bit of red blood though today, so feeling a bit disheartened sad

Pipbin Thu 08-Nov-12 21:46:05

I get the 'gloop' after a lot of sex too. I've always put it down to the poor old cervix getting a bit banged about.
As for the stringy stuff, I tend to get stringy brown yuk just before AF.

Try POAS, I know how stressful it can be, but at least it'll put your mind at rest.
Good luck.

CanYouGetDownPlease Thu 08-Nov-12 22:55:29

Thanks pipbin, maybe I'll grab a test on my lunch tomorrow. It just feels like a waste of £5 every time I pee on one! I've had kind of intermittent red stringy stuff today, not really fluid enough to call a period. Sorry for the TMI, but as its red and fresh, pretty sure I've an empty womb again this month

RightUpMyRue Thu 08-Nov-12 23:04:37

I generally get a day or two of pre-period eurgh before the proper blood starts, it could be your period finally making an appearance? Perhaps stopping the metformin whilst you were away has triggered a reaction in your body?

Of course there is always the tantalizing possibility that it's a baby.....only you can decide if a test to know for sure is worth the possible disappointment of seeing a BFN. The other choice is to wait it out and see what happens over the next couple of days.

Pipbin Thu 08-Nov-12 23:27:24

This is true. You could just sit it out over the next few days and see what happens.
Also, I tend to buy tests from Amazon, where they are cheap, or Superdrug where they are packs of two for £7 but they often on buy one get one free, or similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now