Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for private London fertility clinic ?

(8 Posts)
ABNottingHill Tue 06-Nov-12 15:44:54

Hi there. I had an mc four months ago after being lucky to get pregnant within 4 months of starting to try. No signs of any new baby coming, so I want to get tested to check everything is working as we'll as it can (given I'm 42). I only found my lovely chap late in life and I'm feeling the clock ticking very loudly!).

Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced private clinic in London where I could get the tests done without breaking the bank? Would really love some recommendations !

Anna

Crushinginevitability Tue 06-Nov-12 20:08:11

ARGC or Lister have the best results with women over 40 . They have a waiting list, don't delay, and it is likely to be pricey but they're your best hope. Good luck.

smallbluestar Thu 08-Nov-12 18:35:37

I'm also interested in this - any other recommendations please?

Crushinginevitability Thu 08-Nov-12 19:19:40

Why? Lister and ARGC and UCH have the best results.

5madthings Thu 08-Nov-12 19:25:32

I dont have experience of infertility but i donated eggs this year, all my treatment and egg retrieval was done at the lister and they were lovely.

vallinnapod Thu 08-Nov-12 21:36:06

I am at the Bridge Centre. It's Ok. A bit hard to be subjective as they got me pregnant with DS first try and we are now back for FET.

Appointments are never on time and I nearly yell in frustration when I meet with staff who haven't bothered reading any of my notes but the nurses are really lovely and compassionate. When you are there day in day out and feeling pretty fragile that counts for a lot.

ABNottingHill Fri 09-Nov-12 12:23:57

Thanks everyone some good tips!!
Anna

helenlouisey Fri 09-Nov-12 17:25:11

If its just to get all tests done then I highly recommend Mr Trew at 92 Harley street, he is very thorough and will try and get to the bottom of causes of fertility problems rather than pushing you into IUI/ IVF. Best of luck that you get your BFP soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now