Talk

Advanced search

Crazy stmptom spotting!!!

(17 Posts)
LoveBeingAMrs Mon 05-Nov-12 12:49:28

So this month is my first ttc, af is due next week and i'm drivig myself crazy symptom spotting, today i have mild cramps in my tummy and lower back, have had them since i woke, could this be a symptom or am i driving myself crazy findig stuff to call symptoms?? Any tips on keeping my sanity this week?? Ahh! Anyone else testing around 13th nov?? X

RaspberrysAndIcecream Tue 06-Nov-12 13:39:01

No tips on keeping ur sanity - if u find a way please share!!
In trying to conceive, so far in the 2 week waits, I've ;
Rearranged several cupboards all around the house
Cleared out my chest of drawers
Planned my Christmas shopping
Cleared out the chicken run & cleaned it so it looked cleaner than when we first got chickens
Spent a weekend baking
Planned new furniture for the lounge, measured Walls and furniture to within an inch of it's life!!
grin grin grin

I think the first cycle is hardest, I honestly expected to be pregnant. blush

Good luck!!

frogchops Tue 06-Nov-12 17:29:44

Heeyyy, I'm the same. TTC my first an this is my first cycle. Due to test around 17th. Am free for hand holding and attempting to keep sane!! Can I ask altho its not easy to answer how ur going about 'trying'...or are u just Dtd as much as poss??

petal86 Wed 07-Nov-12 19:28:17

I am right there with you!!!!!

My DH and I started ttc our 1st child last month, unfortunately AF arrived on Monday, so will try again this month, but i spent the whole 2 weeks wait, driving myself mad. I kept 'experiencing symptons' when there probably weren't any.

My form of distraction was doing a mass tidy of the house and clearing out all the junk - i didn't tell DH this, as half the stuff i threw away was his :S

I think i agree that the 1st cycle is the hardest, as you don't know what to expect, and i was the same; i expected to be pregnant too.

frogchops, my dh and I have decided to dtd as much as poss, as I'm not completly sure when i OV.

Glad to see that I'm not in this boat alone smile

LoveBeingAMrs Thu 08-Nov-12 09:07:16

Soo glad im not alone! Hand holding leadig up to tests is soo needed!

One thing i have in place is i wont take a preg test without DH bcause if it were positive we can share that moment together.. And this does mean that i dont test as much as i would!!

Frogchops, i have an app to tell me when im fertile and ovulating but me and DH both worl shifts so its kinda when we can around that time!

Luckily i am currently doing up our house (fitting kitchen as we speak) so theres no lack of things to do around the house!

I guess in preparation ive been taking folic acid since august.. And have switched to de-caff tea & coffee.. Also ive been eating lots of pate and unpasteurised cheese etc because i know i cant during preg so making the most of it! Hehe!

I'm really not trying to get my hopes up but i guess in my heart i really think that im gonna become preg straight away.. Think it'll be a blow if i dont! :-/
I've decided to test on 12th now (any excuse) because am working the 13th!

What are you all doing to prepare?? So happy i found some ttc no#1 friends! :-) :-)

petal86 Thu 08-Nov-12 19:08:32

Tis definately nice to share this experience with people who are feeling the same as me. smile

I was gutted when i got a bfn last week, so much so i had a bit of a sob. Alhtough I think it was because i had built myself up to think that i was.

However I'm feeling much better now, as i can now focus on trying again this month, although in 2 weeks I'm sure i'll be back to being stark staring bonkers..... oh well.

In terms of preparation, i'm taking folic acid, b vitamin complex and Pregnacare Conception (might be overkill, but i thought it can't hurt). Have also given DH conception support vitamins too.

LoveBeingAMrs Fri 09-Nov-12 22:35:49

Had a visit from AF today :-( felt really sad this morning and cried all the way to work.. Now am feeling ok about it but a bit sad, just trying to concentrate on the positive.. Next time it might be a christmas pressie!

What vitamins are you getting your DH to take?? X

RaspberrysAndIcecream Sat 10-Nov-12 08:25:15

Come & join us on TTC#1 thread 7 - we're all in the same boat. Sorry I can't link it properly, I'm on my phone!

So sorry AF arrived, I thought when I cried I must be the only one who did - but having been on here a while now, I know it's not unusual!! Hope you're doing ok.

LoveBeingAMrs Sat 10-Nov-12 11:30:44

Thanks raspberries! I'll try and find it, im also on my phone! Lol x

petal86 Sat 10-Nov-12 12:15:47

It's new in tesco; 'Complete Multivitamins & Minerals for Conception Support' - i found it next the women's ones.

He wasn't best please with the size of the tablet, but never mind :D

LoveBeingAMrs Sat 10-Nov-12 16:10:01

Oo sounds good! I'll be popping by tesco on way home from work later!!

I was trying to preoccupy myself a coupleof weeks ago and want to be a bit creative in how i tell family and friends... Dont just want to tell them.. So ive bought 2 'grandparents on board' signs for both our parents and when we get our bfp we're going to wrap it up and give it to them and watch their faces as they click on!! Lol!

Have u thought of any creative ways to tell people (its helping taking my mind off the fact ive gotta wait another month!!) x

petal86 Sat 10-Nov-12 17:19:38

ooooo what a cool idea smile

What about going shopping with them, casually walking over to the maternity section, and ask which jeans would be most comfortable??

Hope you're feeling a bit better today after AF decided to turn up yesterday?

I'm on CD (Cycle Day) 6 today, and decided to buy myself my first box of OV sticks - so have now got something to concentrate on. Have you used these?

LoveBeingAMrs Sat 10-Nov-12 20:27:51

Yeah feeling much better today, dont think it helps that when AF arrives it brings with it all the hormones along with the knowledge of essentially a BFP! Not the best mix in the world... Trying to concentrate that next time it'll be around xmas and hoping will be a little xmas pressie for me and DH! :-)

Not used ov sticks... Might give them a go... Are they very expensive??

Haha love that idea of maternity wear! Brilliant! Gotta do that to someone! Hehe! These things were what made the 2ww a bit bearable!! Lol!

Love having someone to talk to who understands.. Its kinda lonely in RL! Who have you told your ttc?

petal86 Sat 10-Nov-12 21:03:52

I know what you mean, one of my friends has a 15 month old, so i talk to her about all of this stuff, although he was a happy accident, so she never went through what we are going through, but it helps talking to her.

Other than her, none of my other friends, or family (my generation) have children or are trying, which makes it a bit hard/lonely.

I have told a friend at work, and my mum (who then told my sister) - it is definately a relief to be able to talk to someone who knows exactly what i'm worrying/thinking/stressing/talking about

The OV sticks were quite expensive (£40); i bought Clearblue Digital from Boots (a months worth) - but I'm sure you can get cheaper ones - i was just feeling a bit impatient and just grapped what they had.

Have also bought myself a cheap thermometer to measure temp change - hopefully all of these combined with dtd pretty much every other day will result in a BFP!!

Have you told anyone about ttc?

LoveBeingAMrs Sat 10-Nov-12 22:50:17

Feels like all my friends have kids, am surrounded by them and they are mostly happy accidents as well!

I have told my best friend but she is just about to move in with her first bf and has no kids so dosnt really get what im on about... But as far as im aware noone else i know is trying. My sister in law is pregnant which is exciting ..

DH dosnt want to tell anyone (apart from close family) until we are 3 months preg!!!! Dont know how im gonna keep my excitement bottled thar long!! Lol

Oooo £40 is quite a bit... Will see if theres anything cheaper about... Do u just do them daily until it says your ov??

How does measuring the temp work?? Ive got an app to log everything on and it gives me my fertile days which is really useful! It has a space for temprarure and i have a thermometer but no idea what to look for! :-/

Where abouts are you from? How long you and DH been together/married? X

petal86 Sun 11-Nov-12 09:37:57

I know what your DH means about wanting to wait for 3 months - i'd like to too, but i don't think i'll be able to.

With the OV sticks, you pee on them every day until it shows a LH surge, and the thermometer is similar. If got one you just put under your tongue, and apparently your temp peaks when you're ovulating. So hoping that one of these methods will help.

My DH and I have bn together for 7 years and married for 5 months, we live in Banbury, Oxfordshire. What about you?

LoveBeingAMrs Sun 11-Nov-12 10:23:16

Thanks for info about temp and ov sticks... Might as well start temp today! :-)

DH and i have been together 5 years, married just over 1 year and we live indorset on south coast! :-) and I'm 23!

Cant wait to start trying again now! I hope we both get xmas bfp's!! :-) x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now