Talk

Advanced search

Am I pg mnetters???

(9 Posts)
PuggyMum Sun 04-Nov-12 19:06:37

I've been off the ttc threads for a while due to a bereavement so we stopped for a while....

We have just been on an amazing holiday in the US and according to my iPhone app I ovulated in Vegas!

I'm now 7 days late but POAS on day 3 and 5 and got BFN's. We were on a cruise home and I had no more tests (the ships doc wanted $88 for a consultation and the cost of the test!) so have just POAS again and still a BFN!!

I don't have any AF rumblings and feel a bit iffy. That could be the fact I was on a ship though and do get a bit seasick????

I was with my sister who doesn't have periods due to the coil and I know girls can attune so maybe now I'm home AF will arrive!

Should I go to the docs in the am? I'm a bit worried but I know mnetters have seen it all so please give me your advice / stories....

Puggymum x

BooyhooRemembering Sun 04-Nov-12 19:10:09

are you pregnant? well none of us could possible know that.

should you see the GP? possibly, although i dont think their POAS tests are any more accurate than shop bought ones.

good luck though. hope you get the news you want . smile

Goonatic Sun 04-Nov-12 19:11:00

Oh, all I know is that you can't have a false positive but you can have a false negative........... Docs tomorrow I suppose! Did you use the very early test?

Goonatic Sun 04-Nov-12 19:12:54

Do you have a funny taste or sensation in your mouth? Do you feel a bit like crying? Do you feel an underlying nausea? They were my signs!
Ooh and I craved tomato juice with Worcestershire sauce and tabasco sauce confused

QuietNinjaTardis Sun 04-Nov-12 19:14:05

I'm sure I read somewhere that travelling can delay ovulation or possibly your period. Test again in a few days, I really hope you get the result you want x

PuggyMum Sun 04-Nov-12 19:16:51

Thanks for the quick responses. I know no one on here will know but anecdotes will while away the time till I know for sure.

I have got a 'watery mouth' but don't feel particularly sick. As for cravings after the food on the cruise I can't face eating!!!

The 2 tests I did I bought in new York and they were early tests. Just used a super drug one at home....

I'm usually 35 days in cycle. I haven't been more than 37 days in 2 years.....

Think I'll see if I can get into the docs tomorrow.

PuggyMum Sun 04-Nov-12 19:18:32

I wondered that quiet. We were on the go a lot so that may have had an impact on my cycle??

Goonatic Sun 04-Nov-12 19:37:26

Ooh good luck!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 04-Nov-12 20:56:30

I wonder if you ovulated late? Travel can cause a delay in ovulation and hence a cause a late period (don't often get to use 'hence' on MN!). I assume your app is purely on cycle length and not ovulation kits or anything? I guess you can ask your GP but if you ovulated late it may just be tests are too early to be conclusive. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now