Talk

Advanced search

This might sound a bit silly...

(4 Posts)
NewToAllThis11 Sun 04-Nov-12 09:16:25

Hi everyone, can I have a bit of advice please? I had my mirena coil removed in August and haven't had a period since then. Went to the doctor's about three weeks ago and discussed doing some blood tests to find out what was going on and why I wasn't ovulating. Now the 3 weeks wait for the tests is nearly over I've just done a test this morning, just to make sure I'm not pg before I go for the blood tests and it's positive! I don't really know how to feel because if I was pg I would be so happy but I don't want to get my hopes up in case I'm not. I have had really sore and kind of full- feeling boobs for the last few weeks so maybe that's a sign? I also had a glass of wine last night, because I didn't realise, but have just read that it might affect the result. Am going to go and buy another test- maybe one of those digital ones if they're more accurate- and try again. This is a bit of a ramble I'm afraid, but just wondered if anyone had been in a similar situation of possibly conceiving without having a period beforehand. I want to celebrate but I need to test more and probably see the doctor before I can! Thanks x

Actuallylookingok Sun 04-Nov-12 09:27:47

Sounds to me like you're pregnant! Glass of wine wouldn't affect test result, it measures hcg level in urine and alcohol can't mimic that! Do another test by all means (i always did about 3 before i believed them, and all 3 were always positive!) . See your gp as planned smile.

Actuallylookingok Sun 04-Nov-12 09:28:59

Oh, and yes, you don't need to have had a period beforehand, you just need to have ovulated which appears to have happened!

NewToAllThis11 Sun 04-Nov-12 11:09:53

Thanks for the advice! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now