Talk

Advanced search

TTC, MC, TTC, UF... FML!

(6 Posts)
CrazyDiamonds Fri 02-Nov-12 23:45:41

What a roller-coaster this is! It should be the most natural thing that happens. Millions of women go through this every month for centuries. For me, though, this is not happening easily. I just want to become pregnant and have a healthy happy baby with the man I love. Why, why should this be so hard? Have I waited too long? Is it a result of some silliness I?ve done when I was young, like not going to see a gynaecologist until I was in mid 20s? Is it something I am not doing correctly now ? not measuring my BBT, don?t have ovulation prediction packs? Perhaps I am not having enough sex and not on the right days? Or not in the right positions? How can I stop obsessing about it, stop wishing for a pregnancy tester you can take straight after sex, stop looking for signs of a new pregnancy all the time?

This has been two very long years? I think I am at the point where I want to take a very careful, calculated approach to conception now. Where do you, ladies, recommend I start? (There is so much jargon/abbvs on these forums, I have a page with jargon buster open as I am tying this! :-)) Some of you seem to be TTC in such a well-organised, strategic manner ? I hope you?ll share some advice with a hopeful newbie.

Thank you.

winkle2 Sat 03-Nov-12 09:28:46

Have I been to the docs and had all the tests?

I feel your pain - it's been 15 months of trying here and sometimes I wonder what I did that was so bad that's making whoever runs this crazy world do this to me.

winkle2 Sat 03-Nov-12 09:29:26

That's meant to say have you been to the docs, obvs!

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sat 03-Nov-12 11:18:44

Sorry to hear your tale crazydiamonds. I agree with winkle to see your GP and get referred for fertility tests. And then the waiting game moves up a level, waiting for appointments, waiting for tests, waiting for results, waiting for a plan, waiting on the waiting list, treatment and terrible waiting weeks.

We have been TTC for over two years, been through the mill, all the tests came back as "unexplained" which is frustrating. We were offered a few IUIs and a funded IVF. I got pregnant of my fourth (and first self-funded) IUI, but miscarried early on. All I am trying to say is, you're not alone, it is rubbish.

For support and information, I'd recommend the 10+ thread. Most of us are hovering round the 2-year point. A number of people are going through IVF and we actually do have a reasonable number of BFPs coming through, even on our tenth thread!

winkle2 Sat 03-Nov-12 13:11:01

Really sorry to hear about your miscarriage lemon

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 04-Nov-12 11:13:57

Don't worry about it winkle. Although I was ready to throttle anyone telling me the "at least you can get pregnant" line when I was first getting through the miscarriage, by now it is okay. I have cried, I have mourned, but all in all, the pregnancy brought me hope, which I was loosing very rapidly.

The alternative for the 10+ers is the BESHes, who are all lovely, smart, bitchy ladies. I would really recommend chatting to people online, it makes you feel a lot less alone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now