Talk

Advanced search

If you could choose what month your baby would be born in...

(14 Posts)
LoveBox Wed 31-Oct-12 13:54:18

What month would it be?

And why? My initial thoughts would be that it would be best to have a September baby, so that they are the oldest in their class at school, but then that means being pregnant through the summer which is uncomfortable!

So- if it was all in your hands- when would you choose?

Kt8791 Wed 31-Oct-12 14:04:47

April or may, just coming into the good weather so can go for lots of walks with new baby.

cece Wed 31-Oct-12 14:07:16

I had one in April - I agree lovely month and not too cold for night feeds. Also pg through the winter so could hide bump under winter coat for several months.

I had one in Oct - night feeds were freezing. Plus the summer prior to his birth was unbearable. Although he is opn of eldest in Year group I did find he outgrew Nursery a term too early.

LizLem0n Wed 31-Oct-12 14:07:29

goood question!! i think may. i was up breastfeeding at night and thinking 'this'd be freeeeezing in winter'. i was able to get out and about walking without worrying baby would be cold. when iwas 12 wks pp it was still lovely and I could get out running. GAVE up breastfeeding end of november which was a decent run at it imo so i had a few drinks at christmas and was on top of the whole thing (mothehood) by christmas, and back in shape for a nice new clohtes! (shallow?)

LizLem0n Wed 31-Oct-12 14:08:51

ps, my other baby born when it was freezing at night. that made the whole breastfeeding three times a night shivering thing much much more draining.

LizLem0n Wed 31-Oct-12 14:11:10

Cece, yes I hid my bump which appeared mid to late november under winter coats and and jumpers. Bags, scarves! cardigans. Winter clothes made it easier to hide for longer.

mirai Wed 31-Oct-12 14:11:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LizLem0n Wed 31-Oct-12 14:13:21

I think you could narrow it down to march-june realistically that's all you can do. even if you got pregnant immediately and ended up with a march baby, at least the weather would be about to get warmer, the clocks would be about to go back! but,if it took four months, and baby born in June, still not roasting summer hotness for late pregnancy...... If it takes longer than four months then you wont' care!

AThingInYourLife Wed 31-Oct-12 14:15:06

June

A summer baby is fab - no cold to worry about, pregnancy over when the weather gets hot, nice weather for getting out.

I had March, January, June.

June definitely best, but she's only 4 months old so maybe disadvantages will become apparent.

March is good school year-wise. I would not want a child to be one of the oldest in their year, ideally.

Kt8791 Wed 31-Oct-12 14:16:17

I had ds1 in may and everyone told me when I was pregnant that it was a lovely time to have a baby. Ds2 was due september and no one made any comment about time of year. Pregnant with dc3 now, due may. Started ttc with April/ may as a target!

pippop1 Wed 31-Oct-12 14:16:50

Hi

I had one in September and one in October. V planned as I noted my period dates for a year before I started trying!

I said that would have given up and left it for a few months year if it had gone on so that they would have been born v late in the school year.

DS1 turned out to be dyslexic and being a September baby meant that
a) he started school at 5 and didn't struggle as much as if he'd been born, let's say, in August.
b) having them in the first few months of the school year was the best advice my mum ever gave me.

c) I was v v lucky that everything worked out as I planned. No doubt I would have kept trying without a break if it hadn't!

So my message is Sept to Xmas if possible is ideal time for DCs to be born (in UK anyway). Other countrys have different school years of course!

naughtymummy Wed 31-Oct-12 14:21:55

I have one spring (april) and one autum (Oct) only the 2nd was planned. I would say both have pro's and cons listed up thread. I think dd was weaned from boob earlier as I had ds to run about after and getting my Norks out in freezing cold play grounds got old very quickly smile

kilmuir Wed 31-Oct-12 14:25:10

I have one in every season! I would go for May

Mathsdidi Wed 31-Oct-12 14:37:55

Dd1 is October, dd2 is March. I liked both really.

If I ever persuade dp to have another then ideally it would be born in Sept/Oct as that would fit in nicely for maternity leave. I could have the summer hols while pg (not at work), go back for a few weeks before starting mat leave, then back after ML for a few weeks before summer hols at home again. That gives me more time at home with baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now