Talk

Advanced search

ovulation query

(10 Posts)
NewChoos Tue 30-Oct-12 10:57:50

Month 4 of TTC, in months 1-3, I ovulated around day 9/10. I had a early pregnancy loss in month 1.
So still using the ovulation sticks, it's day 15 today and not had a positive test.
Likely I haven't ovulated this month? I started testing at day 8.

Oh and I changed to boots brand was using clearblue.

Jenjen85 Tue 30-Oct-12 18:38:54

Hi Newchoos I only ovulate on day 16/17 so there is still time to ovulate, I'd just keep testing an see what happens. I'm on month 5 of TTC an Af is due today but so far not made an appearance?!?! I messed up my ov stick on day 16 as I was away so I'm not sure if there would have been a line or not oops. I use cheap ov sticks from eBay so I don't think the brand makes any difference.

ISeeThreadPeople Tue 30-Oct-12 18:43:03

I think ov sticks can be misleading because they don't show you've ovulated. They merely show a hormonal surge which indicates you may be about to ovulate. You might not and ovulate later or not at all in any given cycle. You can also take an ov test and have a negative result in the am and then have a surge in the pm which leads to ov but you miss it entirely.

I wouldn't lose heart. Is there a reason you're using the sticks? Are you monitoring in any other way? Temp? Natural signs? I'd continue to have sex every other or every 3 days unless there are good reasons to know when you're ovulating exactly and not rely on the ov sticks in isolation.

It doesn't mean you haven't already ovulated or aren't about to.

Amberbop Wed 31-Oct-12 16:19:05

I'm not sure how far to trust the sticks - I've been using them 3 times a day for months now and never a positive line. Can you have regular periods without ovulating, or are the sticks misleading?

Jenjen85 Wed 31-Oct-12 18:02:01

I say keep goin with them as they worked for me just got my BFP :-)

frogchops Wed 31-Oct-12 21:49:26

Sorry to high jack this thread, but my new one was gona be called ovulation query too!! Hope u don't mind.... Am just wondering, having just come off the pill and about to go through my first ov since.... I had a real crampy pain today (cd12) like period pain on one side, anyone know if this is a sign of Ovulation? I have ewcm too but not quite as we as I think it should be. Basically do I need to Dtd tonight?? Tomorrow?

frogchops Wed 31-Oct-12 21:50:31

I meant not quite as ew.... Not we!!

Jenjen85 Thu 01-Nov-12 06:50:13

frogchops I would say that was possibly a sign of ov, get dtd and fingers crossed for you :-)

NewChoos Fri 02-Nov-12 20:47:42

Well I continued to test and got a line almost as dark as the control line on day 17, also had increased CM. The line wasn't as dark as the control line though... just have to wait it out now!

greenlizard Sun 04-Nov-12 21:00:58

Hi, I have been ttc for 5 months now and have used OPKs for last two months. I have a 26 day cycle and have got a smiley face both months on day 13. The first month my OH was away (I was not happy!) but this time we have BD 3 days before, on day of smiley face and 1 day after so far...hoping that works! After lots of research I think its best to use them as a guide only and try not to use them as the only sign of ovulation because as has been said a positive doesn't mean ovulation and and no sign doesn't mean you haven't!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now