Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage

(4 Posts)
bubbles2003 Mon 29-Oct-12 20:21:43

Hi ladies, this is my first ever thread. I miscarried last monday 22nd October, I stopped bleeding today. Just wanted to add my story as a way of coping I suppose. I was 4 weeks 1 day. The hospital treated my like crap and made me feel as though the positive preg was all in my head. Finally stopped crying Thursday and feel a little better. I really want to start ttc as soon as possible and really looking for some success stories from ladies who have conceived straight after a m/c. All I've read is horror stories and not sure if I should wait xxx

donttrythisathome Mon 29-Oct-12 20:38:53

Hi bubbles
You poor things, I hope you are relaxing and putting your feet up. Or keeping busy if that helps you more.

I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks in July, and 3 months later just got a BFP so it is of course possible. Keep trying! No reason to wait.

whiterose2011 Mon 29-Oct-12 20:45:18

Hi bubbles

So sorry to hear about your loss. It's rubbish isn't it? I had a MC in September and have just got my first AF so will be ttc again from next week and hoping for a quick BFP! FX for all of us in that boat.

Be kind to yourself and take each day as it comes over the next few weeks Some days you will feel like total rubbish and other days you will feel ok. Just do what feels right for you but don't feel that you have to wait to try again if you don't want to.

Xxx

Irishmammybread Mon 29-Oct-12 21:08:35

hi bubbles, sorry to hear you're going through this, a miscarriage is so traumatic, even if it's early, from the moment you get your BFP all your hopes and expectations are raised,once you know you've miscarried you have a period of bereavement to go through.
Sometimes the advice given is to wait for one cycle and try again after your first AF,this is more to make dating easier than anything else.
From my personal experience I've had three miscarriages, the first in March at 10-11wks, we waited till my first AF(which was 5 weeks later) tried again and conceived but miscarried again at 6 weeks. After this early miscarriage we didn't wait, tried again and conceived when I ovulated 14 days after the bleeding first started. Unfortunately I miscarried again late Aug, losing the baby at 12 weeks(but we know heart stopped at 8w6d as I'd had several early scans where everything was fine ).
I'm 44 so I've been told my losses are likely to be due to chromosomal abnormalities but it does show it is sometimes possible to conceive again quickly, if you feel ready there's no reason to wait.
I wish you all the best. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now