Talk

Advanced search

Is a pill period accurate to use for ov dates??

(11 Posts)
frogchops Sat 27-Oct-12 23:27:24

Just wondering, I'm using this pink pad app, although I'm sure they're all pretty much the same.....I've put in the dates of my bleed, probably a withdrawal one from coming off the pill.....but should I enter my previous period dates too, while I was on the pill?. This changes the dates that it predicts for ovulation, fertile days etc....I'd like it to be accurate? Any one help?

riskit4abiskit Sun 28-Oct-12 01:00:11

I don't know but am interested to know!

Guessing not tho as its a fake bleed so to speak

megandraper Sun 28-Oct-12 01:08:01

I don't think it will be accurate as you didnte ovulate before it. You could buy a stack of ovulation tests on eBay and test e avsry day to find out - much more reliable than guessing from periods - even real Ones

Hooya Sun 28-Oct-12 02:21:56

Hello! When I came off the pill the doc just said shag as much as you wantgrin until your first period (not withdrawal bleed) but actual period, then you can start counting dates from there. At least every other day during any time not bleeding was our strategy and resulted in upduffing after my first proper period!

frogchops Sun 28-Oct-12 08:27:25

I'm looking in eBay....thanks for that suggestion! Not sure which ones everyone seems to be buying. I've found a pack if 30 sticks, highly sensitive £5.61.... Are these the ones??

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 28-Oct-12 08:37:39

I wouldn't use that data because its not your 'natural' cycle so don't help predict when you'll ovulate. I would just concentrate on dtd 3 times a week, every week to start with and see how it goes. That avoids too much pressure on sex in the early days.

tothemoon Mon 29-Oct-12 01:30:35

I was just abouts to do a goole on this then saw this thread. I too would love to know. I came off pill last "cycle", had dummy period now on 11 CD and I'm having ovulation pains for the first time in 8 years!! So I assume I'm ovulating, my GP said it could take upto 2 years lol.

frogchops Mon 29-Oct-12 07:30:33

Almost the same here moon, I'm on CD 10. No pains and have only Dtd so far on cd6 and cd9. Not even sure if they are promising dates, but hey ho :-/

megandraper Mon 29-Oct-12 07:43:04

frogchops that sounds like the sort of thing. I used the ovulation sticks for about six months to see when I was ovulating and work out the pattern. I was working away a lot then, and never at home at the right time. Once I'd arranged my schedule to be home at the right time, bingo - first time lucky smile

tothemoon Mon 29-Oct-12 12:37:51

Frogchops - the way I see it is it all adds to the practice ;) Fingers crossed for you all.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 29-Oct-12 21:45:40

frogchops according to my dating scan our DC must have been conceived CD6! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now