Talk

Advanced search

Chemical Pregnancy?

(12 Posts)
ChemicalConfusion Fri 26-Oct-12 22:35:08

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what they think is going on? I stupidly tested early and got a BFP last Tuesday. Was also getting lots of symptoms (sickness, aching boobs, exhausted, cramping). My period was due yesterday (thurs). I tested first thing in the morning and it was positive. Then I promptly felt much better all day, symptoms all but disappeared and started bleeding yesterday afternoon. However, there wasn't much blood. Today I tested and got a positive this morning and have just had a little bit of brown spotting.

I'm presuming this is a chemical pregnancy? Should I expect full on AF in the next few days, how long might I have to wait? When should the tests return to negative? Is it normal that bleeding should start and then stop? Just want it all over with so we can start again sad

incognitomama Fri 26-Oct-12 22:46:12

It could just be breakthrough bleeding, don't give up hope yet. With my CP my AF showed up 3 days late. Keep an eye on things, I'm afraid it's a bit of waiting game for the next day or two. If AF shows up then you're straight back in the game. Keep us posted over the next few days and try and get lots of R and R (easier said than done I know).

ChemicalConfusion Fri 26-Oct-12 22:54:46

Thanks, incognitomama, but am not holding out much hope, symptoms going isn't really a good sign is it? Not sure there'll be much R+R as DH is ill, toddler is non-stop and MiL arriving on Monday!

incognitomama Fri 26-Oct-12 23:13:36

sad However, I can reassure you that symptoms do come and go, especially at this very early stage. With my CP once the bleeding started that was that, game over. Which is why I am holding out hope for you that this is a breakthrough bleed, especially as you say there wasn't much yesterday and only spotting today. Sit tight, it's certainly not over yet. Stay strong (((hugs)))

ChemicalConfusion Fri 26-Oct-12 23:30:10

Awh, thanks, will keep you posted, don't 'feel' pregnant though. DD is getting so excited by small babies and is never happier than with a little playmate so making me even more impatient!

incognitomama Sat 27-Oct-12 08:39:22

How is it this morning? Any more bleeding. Got my fingers crossed for you smile

ChemicalConfusion Sat 27-Oct-12 10:08:47

No more yet - appreciate the cross fingeredness!

Ratata Sat 27-Oct-12 13:27:41

If you are still getting positives when you test then that is a good sign. I had a chemical pregnancy, I tested positive one day then negative the next. A little bleeding in early pregnancy can be very normal. I hope it all works out for you x

incognitomama Mon 29-Oct-12 07:06:47

Just thinking of you and wondering how things have progressed?

ChemicalConfusion Tue 30-Oct-12 20:33:51

Thank you, incognito. I'd been getting positive but faint tests and no more bleeding so was just starting to think about getting hopes up but then more bleeding this pm so think it's all over. Sad but we'll keep trying. I had two awful mcs (ended up on crash table in a+e with the first) but then had the most amazing dd so got to keep hoping there's another equally wonderful little one we're meant to look after.

incognitomama Tue 30-Oct-12 21:49:50

sad Oh I'm so sorry. I've also had a mc (back in 2010) that was the worst day of my life. But I too am now blessed with a dd and we are trying for another as well. That moment when you allow yourself to believe and then have it so cruelly snatched away is truly horrific. It's such an emotional roller coaster. Take care of yourself and I'll still be hoping for a miracle for you. Lots of luck x

ChemicalConfusion Tue 30-Oct-12 23:40:23

So sorry to hear about your mc. Good luck with ttc, fingers crossed for us both!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now