Talk

Advanced search

The weird and wonderful....After DTD!

(12 Posts)
frogchops Thu 25-Oct-12 23:07:29

Just wondering....about the different ways (and I've heard so many) everyone makes sure those little swimmers keep going post DTD!?? From handstands to backward rolls, to cartwheels and cancan kicks.... Please share!! Being my first try, I'm a bit stressed that I'm always desperate for a wee!! Not helpful! :-/

PuppyMummy Fri 26-Oct-12 06:45:13

I always used to wee after. not anymore!!

I try and dtd last thing so I can stay lying down also put a pillow under my hips and keep legs in the air for at least 30 mins.
if its at another time and ill be getting up then I do the pillow for at least 45 mins!

we also use pre seed lube.
were on cycle 10 so not worked so far! good luck

Purplemonster Fri 26-Oct-12 18:07:32

I'm supposed to be doing handstands? Bleeding hell, this stuff is complicated enough without acrobatics being a requirement surely!

frogchops Fri 26-Oct-12 18:48:38

I'm sure it's not required but I bet some folk do! Come on, own up!! I just wondered if the pillow under ur bum was the norm?? Or if most don't bother doing anything!!

sparkle101 Fri 26-Oct-12 19:06:21

Pillow under the bum and legs up the wall for a good ten minutes, trying not to move in the slightest. Oh and lots of pelvic floor squeezing at the same time!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 26-Oct-12 22:03:21

It's a myth! Any decent swimmers will be catapulted up beyond the cervix. The only ones you're saving are the duffers you wouldn't want to help anyway smile
Get up and pee after dtd to avoid UTIs. Trust me, I learnt the hard way confused
I got pregnant without sticking my legs up!

Pipbin Fri 26-Oct-12 23:06:37

I used to get loads of UTIs but risked not having a wee. I did get one last week but it was easily seen to with stuff from Boots. I just keep some on stock at Chez Pipbin.

Purplemonster Sat 27-Oct-12 11:50:56

Turns out you don't have to do any of these things to get pregnant, I just got the bigget fattest positive you've ever seen grin no acrobatics required. (shocked, not smug)

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 27-Oct-12 12:13:53

Congratulations purple! grin

frogchops Sat 27-Oct-12 12:23:25

Purple, see reply in other thread, lol. We need words, haha. Oh and we're there any wee's involved!?

Purplemonster Sat 27-Oct-12 13:33:02

I always used to wee after and have a bit of a 'clean up' especially if at work next morning (tmi, sorry) but didn't do either this time and stayed in bed so maybe that does work? Or maybe I'm just a really jammy bastard (hangs head in shame) or maybe my OH was right all along and he does have super sperm? Oh Christ, I'm never going to hear the end of it am I, the told you so's I'm going to have to put up with.

frogchops Sat 27-Oct-12 17:19:52

Hehe....I'd forgive him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now