Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else mad enough to ttc when you have a baby under 1?

(22 Posts)
Rhubarb78 Thu 25-Oct-12 15:04:32

just that really, I have an 8 month old ds and want to ttc for our 3rd baby (our 1st baby boy was sadly stillborn 2 years ago). Not sure if I am totally mad but I love my baby boy and want more kids so why wait? Anyone else in the same boat?

2monkeybums Thu 25-Oct-12 15:49:55

I found out I was pregnant with DS2 when DS1 was 8 months. Being pregnant with a baby was very hard but since DS2 has been born it has mainly been mainly great. Its hard work at times but no regrets about the small age gap at all.

MyLifeIsStillChaotic Thu 25-Oct-12 15:55:12

We ttc when ds1 was 9 months and I fell pregnant straight away with ds2. I'll be honest, the age gap is great for them and they're very close, but I think it's har workd. They're 2 and almost 4 now and it's starting to get easier.

Good luck with ttc smile

jerryfudd Thu 25-Oct-12 15:55:20

If you can afford it why not?

I found out I was pregnant again when my twins just turned one. When he was born we had 3 under 21 months. Don't regret the small age gap at all and am glad they are close in age as they have more in common

Coops79 Thu 25-Oct-12 15:59:54

I'm considering it. My DS is 16 weeks and we are thinking about TTC from January. Two main reasons: we like the idea of a small age gap so that they are able to play together and I want the whole pregnancy thing over and done with (I'll be 34 next August and really really don't want to be pregnant or trying at 35). I am however very aware of how much hard work is involved with having both a baby and a small toddler. Good luck if you decide to go for it. smile

Rhubarb78 Thu 25-Oct-12 16:36:05

Thanks everyone, kind of weren't that careful this month and tested, thought it was pos, got excited but was a stupid cross test instead of a 2 window one so then realised it was neg and I was a bit gutted. I suppose that might confirm that I am ready? Money would be a struggle but losing ds1 has kind of made me a much more 'go for it, life's too short' person. Great to hear so many positive stories of small age gaps, I know it will be a struggle but I am lucky enough to have loads of family support so I am definitely leaning towards going for it. DH is no help, he just says 'whenever you are ready'
coops age does have something to do with it, am about a year older than you. I also can't help but thinking I should have 2 dc's now but I suppose there will always be one missing no matter how many I have sad

Calmisthemantra Thu 25-Oct-12 16:53:17

Hi Rhubarb. my dd is 8months old and we have just started ttc! tbh i have been broody since she was 4 months old but suffered from bad SPD so wanted that to repair itself first. turns out it probably won't get fully better until i stop having babies as i had it so bad and also have hypermobility - so we're cracking on with it. so excited about (hopefully) impending bfp. good luck to you

Rhubarb78 Thu 25-Oct-12 17:03:27

Good luck to you too calm can I ask what you are doing about work? There is a risk I could go back pg but I am just pushing it to the back of my mind and thinking oh well, if I do, I do. I should still get mat pay. I have been broody from early on too (probably once I forgot how bad contractions were, ha ha)

LivingThings Thu 25-Oct-12 21:17:57

I wanted mine close in age - started ttc when #1 was nearly 6 months old - got very lucky and got pregnant fist try so only 15 months betwee mine. It's great!
Good luck!

Calmisthemantra Tue 30-Oct-12 08:37:45

Hi Rhubarb, at my work the mat pay is figured out from whatever you warn in the 13th (or maybe 15th) week before due date. Or around then. So would be back at work by then so should be fine. Fx as I'm on 2ww 11dpo feeling crampy, but sick and sore bbs!

Calmisthemantra Thu 01-Nov-12 07:46:57

Well ..... Poas and bfp! Dd will be 18months when this one is borngrin

Rhubarb78 Thu 01-Nov-12 11:00:52

calm I got a bfp on monday too! i kind of suspected the test i did last week was too early and checked again when af was definitely due. eek, due the 8th july all being well. congratulations to you, what due date does that give you then? Ds will be 16 months as he has only just turned 8 months now!

BigBoPeep Sat 03-Nov-12 18:27:10

yes, i am mad too. I have a whingey 7mo who likes to bite my nipples, a huge workload, no money, and i still want another. I'm under no illusions - it'll be hell. But, I think once the pregnant bit's over it'll be OK, and then I'll probably be done with the baby thing grin I think a small age gap is the right thing for us.

poocatcherchampion Sat 03-Nov-12 18:31:03

I was about to join you guys as well but now you are all bfp so offering congrats instead!

Dd is 7.5 but still bf so no af yet sadly. Otherwise we never haven't been trying iyswim!

BigBoPeep Sat 03-Nov-12 19:05:03

same here poocatcher - no period but no contraception either grin

might be doing a damn sight less breastfeeding if she keeps biting. hmm

Rhubarb78 Sat 03-Nov-12 20:06:18

Hi bigbopeep and poocatcher you never know, maybe you will both just get bfp's rather than periods! I too have no money and haven't even gone back to work yet but hey ho, somehow the little darlings are worth the struggle. No morning sickness yet but really not looking forward to that while changing a dirty nappy! Good luck and hopefully you will be joining us with bfp's soon

poocatcherchampion Sat 03-Nov-12 20:13:40

That's what I'm hoping!

girlsyearapart Sat 03-Nov-12 20:20:31

Congrats to you !

I fell pregnant straight away with dd1 never thought we could be that lucky again and started ttc when she was 3 months.

Fell pregnant first time again so dd2 was born one year 3 days later grin

Then followed dd3 22 months after and ds 16 months after that.

It all works itself out..

BigBoPeep Sat 03-Nov-12 20:22:57

oh i love a positive story girls! thanks for that grin

poocatcherchampion Sat 03-Nov-12 21:42:58

Yes let's hope this thread spreads the baby dust!

bringonthetrumpets Sat 03-Nov-12 21:47:59

Congrats on the bfps!

I have two DS who are 18 months apart and they are so fabulous together. It's work in the beginning, but now that they are best friends at 4 and 2.5 and do everything together, parenting couldn't be easier!

Now pg with #3 and wondering if we're going to want another short gap between #3 and #4!

BigBoPeep Wed 07-Nov-12 17:55:05

why not bring on? lol, in for a penny, in for a pound!!

I got some work today to plug my cashflow issues - not much, but enough to make me feel better and see us through the winter grin

...hoping if i do get pg now the morning sickness is manageable...morning sickness is my biggest issue really - so so grim its unfair!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now