Talk

Advanced search

Temp rise 5 days after Ovulation?

(4 Posts)
Tw1nkle Thu 25-Oct-12 10:14:12

Hiya,
I'm confused - hopefully someone can help!
I've been charting and using OPK's.
My temp has been rising 5 days after I seem to ovulate (according to 'signs' and OPK's).
Is this a problem?
Also, should we have intercourse - around the +ve OPK, or just before temp rise?
Thanks!

EuroShagmore Thu 25-Oct-12 10:42:28

OPKs and CM change before you ov. The temp rise comes after (as progesterone is released by the corpus luteum after the egg has popped).

So a typical pattern would be fertile CM/positive OPK - 24-48 hrs later ovulation - next day temp rise starts

But it sounds like yours is stretched by an extra day or so. Mine is slightly different too - I get the CM a day or two before my LH surge and then ovulate very quickly (same day or at a push the following day) and then my temp rise. Our bodies are all different! Just keep dtd every day or every other day around your entire fertile time.

wrighty2010 Sat 27-Oct-12 16:10:01

Hi, I agree with what euroshagmoe has said, I found ovulation etc very confusing, still do if im honest!! I read a post on another site on how to tell when you ae fertile, its from a natural fertility expert and all about recognising your body's signs. May be worth a read?! I found it quite helpful. I will put link t post at the end of message, hope it helps. Good luck xxxx http://forum.prideangel.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=537

Tw1nkle Sun 28-Oct-12 20:20:08

Thanks for that link wrighty2010.

I do have all the signs around the same time as OPK says I ovulate....it's just that my temp doesn'to go up for another 5 days or so afterwards - very confusing!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now