Talk

Advanced search

Please talk me out of getting my hopes up too soon!

(22 Posts)
MadeInChinaBaby Wed 24-Oct-12 10:27:37

So, my period's not even due for another week but I'm somehow managing to convince myself I'm pregnant. I'm feeling VERY fatigued, in the same way as I did early on in both my previous pregnancies, plus coffee is already REVOLTING, as it was with DS. PLUS, PLUS, PLUS! DS (2.10) told me my boobies smell nice this morning. He's only said this to me once before, and that was during my last pregnancy (which I miscarried in spring sad, and the baby would have been due next week).

I want to test, but I know it's too early. I also know that I'm feeling so sad about the miscarriage this week, that this is all probably just very wishful thinking...

I just have to wait it out, don't I? And half prepare myself for my period to arrive on my due date (31st)?

wifey6 Wed 24-Oct-12 11:33:31

So sorry for your loss OP..sad sad
I'm in the same boat as you, my baby would of been due next week..but sadly miscarried in April sad sad sad
And AF is due that day <kick in teeth>...but like you am hoping for a BFP instead.
Your symptoms sound very promising. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.
And thinking of you next week...
If in need of <un-mumsnetty> hand holding..I'm here smile

MadeInChinaBaby Wed 24-Oct-12 16:54:55

Oh Wifey, I'm sorry to hear you're in the same situation sad sad. It's tough, it really is. Yes please to hand holding!

It's probably too early for symptoms anyway - I'm pretty sure I'm just inventing them (except DS and his weird smelling comment, but there again, he's a pretty weird boy all round grin).

How are you feeling? How are you managing to distract yourself? I'm keeping everything crossed for you too.

Xx.

wifey6 Wed 24-Oct-12 20:35:42

<reaches out hand>..
I think I'm so focused on the fact it would of been my baby's due date..I'm sort of not wanting it to come around sad sad
First month using OV sticks...so hoping they were right & we dtd enough.
grin ha ha to your DS..how cute grin
I didn't have any symptoms with my DS til after I knew..& with my last pregnancy..I had them the week after OV..so not sure what to expect! blush
When are you testing?

MadeInChinaBaby Thu 25-Oct-12 09:33:26

<takes hand>

Whatever happens, I think we'll both be feeling a bit better once our due dates are behind us.

How old's your DS?

I keep changing my mind about when to test... period due on 31st, so initially I thought I'd test on the 1st if period hadn't arrived by then. But then I thought, actually I don't want to spend the 31st, which would also have been the baby's due date, living in false hope if I'm not pregnant again... so perhaps I should test earlier, but not too early. Arggghhh! I don't know! When are you testing?

wifey6 Thu 25-Oct-12 12:03:46

My DS is 2.4. I completely agree about testing early. AF due 1-2Nov so I'm hoping to test 30-31st Oct..so you way be able to test 29-30Oct if you get an early/sensitive test. Same as you...don't want to spend due date living in false hope..so want to know either way. How are you doing so far with the waiting?

MadeInChinaBaby Thu 25-Oct-12 17:48:58

That sounds like a wise plan. I think I'll go for Monday.

I've actually felt pretty premenstrual today - I think AF may be a few days early, which at least would put me out of my misery. There again, pmt and early pregnancy can feel quite alike, plus I'm feeling extra emotional anyway because of the miscarriage...

I keep just thinking about a parallel universe in which I'm giving birth around now and DS gets to cuddle a little brother or sister sad sad. It's silly, I know, but I'm sure you understand.

I'm trying to keep busy but I'm so tired! This afternoon, we skipped our usual trip to the park and just played with the cars and the duplo instead. I swear I was dozing off on the beanbag (DS no longer naps). I'm sure your DS is keeping you busy and half-distracted too. It's a sweet age. Fingers crossed that they will both have little play mates arriving in 9 months or soon after!

wifey6 Thu 25-Oct-12 20:36:44

I could cry...<ok..actually am>...I keep imagining the same sad sad sad
Knowing my baby would of been here..holding him..loving him sad sad
You aren't allow. sad
I agree..symptoms are very similar aren't they. <how annoying!> angry
My DS is keeping me very occupied. Great age.
Having very low abdominal pains tonight..hmm confused

wifey6 Thu 25-Oct-12 20:37:16

Sorry...should say..not alone x x

Purplemonster Thu 25-Oct-12 20:39:50

Offering a very unMumsNetty hug to you Wifey. Shh, don't tell anyone or they'll kick me off.

wifey6 Thu 25-Oct-12 21:01:23

Thank you purplemonster...I won't say a word x x smile

MadeInChinaBaby Fri 26-Oct-12 20:29:18

Oh, Wifey! sad

How's today been? Have the cramps gone?
I thought I was OK until DH came home this evening and asked me how I was feeling. I just burst into tears in his arms. sad

A friend of mine has just announced she's pregnant. I'm so happy for her - she sadly had two miscarriages before so wasn't telling anyone about this one until today - she's 14 weeks smile. I could tell she felt awkward about it, though. I wish miscarriages were something everyone could speak about a bit easier, since so many of us go through it...

wifey6 Fri 26-Oct-12 22:07:49

A little better this evening thank you. smile
Wow...that wonderful about you friend.grin
Miscarriage is very hush hush which is so sad as so many of us suffer & have to deal with it quietly.
Do you have much RL support?

MadeInChinaBaby Mon 29-Oct-12 08:24:44

Hi Wifey, how's your weekend been?

I bought my test for this morning, but stupidly took it it the middle of the day yesterday as I just couldn't hold out any longer. Now I'm more confused than ever! I was pretty sure it was negative, but have managed to convince myself it has the faintest line... I mean, it's really hardly detectable and I didn't show DH as I know he'd have been absolutely unable to see it (worse eyesight than me). I mean, really, it's so faint that it's probably an evaporation line or just a figment of my imagination. confused

I'm going to try to wait until Thursday before retesting. It's a public holiday here (we live overseas) so DH will be here with me whatever the outcome.

I have a bit of support in RL - my mum especially has been great, but she's in the UK, so it's mostly been over the phone. She also had a miscarriage, and even though she has four of us, still thinks about the one she lost. She said it never leaves you, but you come to accept it. What about you? How's your RL support?

I have my fingers crossed for you. I'm sure next month will be an easier time for us both, regardless of what our tests this month bring.

((((hugs))))
xxx.

wifey6 Mon 29-Oct-12 12:21:49

Hi...I tested Saturday <POAS addict> & got a BFP. 10 tests later..all BFP. Scared, anxious & so early..can't let myself feel the happiness, excitement.
RL support is good..but no one in RL knows..no even parents sad

wifey6 Mon 29-Oct-12 12:23:08

Fingers crossed the line will get more visible & darker for you grin

MadeInChinaBaby Mon 29-Oct-12 13:11:00

Wow! That's great news, Wifey! Can I say congratulations? I want to! I know what you mean about wanting to hold back the happiness and excitement, but this is the first step and it's a MASSIVE first step. I have everything crossed for a smooth 1st trimester for you.

How are you feeling health-wise? I feel really nauseous, but that could just be the nerves.

I know already I won't be able to hold out until Thursday before retesting... eek!

x x x

wifey6 Mon 29-Oct-12 18:42:01

Thank you..I feel achy but did in my last 2 pregnancies. I'm a little off tea & don't fancy food.
Just not wanting to be happy or excited yet. sad
Can't wait for you to test...fingers crossed!! Wishing you so much luck x

MadeInChinaBaby Thu 01-Nov-12 08:11:04

How are you doing, Wifey?

I just got a definite negative. sad After a few google searches, I'm sure what I got earlier in the week was an evaporation line. I haven't even told DH yet as he's in bed with a headache. So much for the family day...

Still, the due date is behind us now, and was much easier than I thought it would be. I had a really lovely time with DS - the first heavy rain struck (it has been 25 degrees still, but yesterday it turned) so we stayed indoors and got all cosy. We painted leaves, played with his cars, and carved a pumpkin, which he then spent the evening chatting to. If he's the only child I have, he's special enough to fill that role. [happy]

(((((Hug))))) for your approaching due date, and I have everything crossed for you over the next few weeks.

Xxx.

wifey6 Thu 01-Nov-12 09:15:08

So sorry it was a BFN sad sad
Not too early?? Are your cycles regular??
Glad you had a lovely day with your DS yesterday.
Had a few tears today (sure they won't be the last)..as today should of been my due date. sad
But me & DS have a busy day of books, painting & time together planned.
Thank you...I hope the next few weeks go quickly, uneventful & that you get a BFP. x

MadeInChinaBaby Thu 01-Nov-12 13:09:52

My cycles are usually like clockwork - I'm pretty sure AF will arrive today as I keep swinging between angry and sad - so not much room for doubt/ hope...

((((( hugs ))))) for today. Let your DS distract you as much as possible, and give him extra cuddles today.

x x x

wifey6 Thu 01-Nov-12 13:23:56

Sorry MadeInChinaBaby sad
It's disappointing isn't it. sad But as they say..it's not over til AF arrives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now