Talk

Advanced search

symptoms but negative test

(16 Posts)
sparklytoes Mon 22-Oct-12 14:17:47

So, just taken a test as I've been feeling a bit sick, off red meat (just like last time), craving junk (like last time) and feeling a bit crampy. It is negative though sad Could I have taken it too early? I got one that said it could tell up to 6 days early. Its hard to tell though cos my cycle is not predictable

SarahGarden80 Mon 22-Oct-12 14:19:45

what test did you buy? I just have to go to boots now.... period is late 4 days, but we had protected (condom) sex all the time.. so I dont know what the hell is going on:/ just starting to be nervous really:/

sparklytoes Mon 22-Oct-12 14:25:38

I got a first response one. It was more expensive though, probs because it reckons it can test early. If you are 4 days late already, maybe one of the cheaper ones would be fine? Good luck, let us know how you get on

mysaladdays Mon 22-Oct-12 14:38:28

This happened to me. I got more symptoms a week later, repeated it and I was pregnant and had been the first time I took it. Hormone levels go up dramatically in the first few weeks but if they're not quite high enough when you do the test it won't pick up the pregnancy. Hope you get the result you're looking for smile
sarahgarden80 ClearBlue worked well for me and gave a rough indicator of number of weeks. Turned of to be quite accurate smile

sparklytoes Mon 22-Oct-12 14:54:06

Had you missed a period mysaladdays when you took the first test?

Hai1988 Mon 22-Oct-12 18:13:11

Same things happening to me i know how fustrating it is sad

sparklytoes Mon 22-Oct-12 20:44:54

yep, especially as you don't quite know whether the symptoms are in your head or not..!

Hai1988 Mon 22-Oct-12 21:18:58

These pains, dizzyness and bloating are defo not in my head, but its proberly all a concidnce

hambalala Mon 22-Oct-12 22:36:15

Even with the early-detection tests I only seem to test positive on the actual day my period is due (am currently pregnant and have a DS). Both times I haven't been able to resist early testings, and even one day before it said negative. Then the following day positive. Wishing you lots of luck!

Hai1988 Tue 23-Oct-12 08:13:32

Thanks hambalala, i dont attually no when im due as cycles are a bit all over the place, but just gonna keep testing, every weekend till either af comes or i get a bfp

sparklytoes Tue 23-Oct-12 21:52:37

I don't know when I'm due either, cycle varies from 24 - 30 days. Did you use an early detection test hambalala? hai1988 , when are you testing again?

Hai1988 Wed 24-Oct-12 08:13:04

Im testing again on saturday, thinking of getting a frer for it aswell.cus i have heard they are very good.

SarahGarden80 Wed 24-Oct-12 09:30:47

no pregnancy for me god bless, my month period came, 6 days later, but camesmile Good luck girls, keep us updated how you are doingsmile

Hai1988 Thu 25-Oct-12 16:26:24

hey all I have just bought a 2 pack of FRER and a 2 pack of the CB Digi with concpetion indicator on amazon i am just gonna wait till they arrive and test with one of the FR's.

But tbh I am feeling less optimistic sad

sparklytoes Thu 25-Oct-12 21:22:02

I tested again this morning with first response (they are buy 1 get 1 free at superdrug just now) - still negative - so just waiting for AF to arrive now, due anytime now. This is my first time ttc with our second, so am a bit ignorant about the abbrieviations, what is FRER?

Hai1988 Fri 26-Oct-12 07:53:01

First responce early responce, its the first response test that you can supposedly use 6days early.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now