Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage, cycles after miscarriages, ttc !

(3 Posts)
TTCmay Mon 22-Oct-12 13:32:50

Hi we're ttc 2nd child and it is so much more heartwrenching this time around... (6 years later- now 33)

We conceived first month of trying and then had horrid mc at 7 wks end may. we then missed a month and then tried again, had bfp end July and then bleeding next day- classed as mc by dr but thankfully not so horrific.

The thing is my cycle is longer now . Traditionally 26-28 days, but since mc1 it's been 30, 30 (mc2), 35, 32.

Due to oh's working patterns just now we are slightly hindered re bd-ing. So this month we only bd-Ed up to and including cd13. As I'd been having long cycles, I'd written off this month.

I'm now on day 24. Feel rubbish ie sick, gurgling tummy etc (didn't have that other times though) And thinking perhaps by miracle something might be happening. But know there's also a lot of bugs going around!

I am so desperate to be pregnant before my original due date in January :-(

Never charted etc so maybe that's the answer.

I thought I wouldn't ovulate until day 18 (at least) and if sperm survive 2-3 days then no chance . Can you offer any hope?!! I def don't want to start testing now and waste loads money over next 10+ days (besides I never get bfps until my due dates with previous pregs) !!

shellshock7 Mon 22-Oct-12 22:00:56

Sorry to hear of your miscarriages sad

I can't really offer you any advice, but i didn't want to read and not respond.

You could buy cheap pregnancy tests online (I just bought 15 for £2.74!) which makes obsessive POAS cheaper smile

You can also buy ovulation tests for similar amounts and I have used these to help with timing DTD, which is a less labour intensive way of charting fertility and worked for me in conceiving my first child (and first pregnancy which also ended in miscarriage) and am using now, this is my first month trying to TTC#2.

Good luck, I know the feeling of needing to be pregnant before your previous due date so I hope you get there smile

TTCmay Sun 11-Nov-12 20:29:53

Hi just thought Id update as I always find it good to know the outcome (or at least update) on posts....

I got a bfp 2 days after this post!!

So conceived no later than day 13- or sperm hung around for a few days!!!

Still super nervous but 6 weeks and lots of symptoms . Fingers crossed will stick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now