Talk

Advanced search

when can I test?

(2 Posts)
littlehelpplease Sun 21-Oct-12 17:27:37

I'm not sure when I'll be able to test and I want to ask the experts on here. I've name changed as my usual nn is pretty much my name and I feel like I might be judged for being pregnant again (if I am).
My dd is only 6 mo and I'm still BFeeding so last had a period in June 2011. DH and I went out for the first time since dd was born and we got pretty drunk, we DTD without our usual protection.

It took only a month for me to fall pregnant the first time and feel a bit different at the moment. I know it would be early days but I've read in the past that some women felt they knew they were pregnant straight away.

Anyway I digress, as I won't be getting a period, I wont know if I'm pregnant or not. I've got a hen night coming up in December and would rather know if I was ok to have a drink or if I need to lay off it.

SO, when can I test?

If you've read to the end of this, thanks and I'm not sure of all the conception abbreviations, is AF aunt flo etc so any replies in layman's terms would be great!! Thanks again.

akuabadoll Sun 21-Oct-12 18:34:32

Well, you could have have sex the day you ovulated or the day before, in which case, if you are pregnant, a test should show +, from around 2 weeks after the date you had sex. You could have had sex several days in advance of ovulation so, if you are pregnant, a test should show positive a little later on. So, I would say, 2 to 3 weeks following the the date you had sex (a little earlier is possible though).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now