Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant with mirena coil??

(4 Posts)
jorowe86 Sat 20-Oct-12 20:37:07

hey girls

I was wandering if anyone could help or if anyone has experienced the same same things as me?
I had the mirena coil fitted august 12th 2012 and have had no probes until now as it seems, I'm extremly bloated, eating alot of food compared to normal , really tired and my breasts are soo sore tender and swollen? Could this possibly mean in pg or just my body settling now after having the coil fitted?? Xx

Mollydoggerson Sat 20-Oct-12 20:39:16

It could be either. Most likely your body is settling down after the fitting.

Why not do a preg test to put your mind at ease.

Doneinagain Sat 20-Oct-12 20:40:43

Ok are you sitting down? I have to tell you that yes you can get pregnant despite having a Mirena coil fitted, it happened to my sister with her now fourth child! But please don't panics she also had a condition with her uterus that meant it was tilted and apparently should never have had the coil fitted in the first place. Time to poas? Good luck and I hope you get the result you hope for....am guessing you don't want to be pregnant?

jorowe86 Sat 20-Oct-12 20:51:49

Sounds awful doneinagain I've got two boys and my youngest has down syndrome and I wouldn't cope ATM with another, I know all contraception isn't 100% but thought such a small minority fall pg with the coil... It's just thrown me a tad as my breasts are never this sore and they are causing me some discomfort! Also a week ago I was doubled over in pain on right hand side of my back and also felt like I was having contractions as silly as that may sound! I may make an appointment at docs and see what they say..... Many thanks for the replies xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now