Talk

Advanced search

The 2 week wait - to drink or not to drink, that is the question

(5 Posts)
Bunnygirlie Wed 17-Oct-12 22:43:46

i'm sure some doctors would tell us all to give up drinking as soon as you start TTC until the baby is 4 :-p but then again some people get PG whilst drunk and keep on drinking for months as they don't realise they are PG and their baby is just fine!

So what should we do?!?!?

SamSmalaidh Wed 17-Oct-12 22:45:27

The embryo isn't attached to your blood supply in the first couple of weeks so alcohol would have no effect.

MildredH Wed 17-Oct-12 22:59:22

I've been TTC for just over a year and have thought about this several times.

I know in theory- give up booze to give you best chance... But, in reality some people spend a long time in the TTC phase. I think if moderate alcohol is part of your lifestyle then it's ok to carry on. In my personal opinion you can't change your life completely..

However, at my first fertility appointment this week I may say white lie differently!

eurowitch Thu 18-Oct-12 11:43:44

For the reason sam gave it won't make any difference. And I actually read somewhere that drinking pre-ov is worse as it can affect the quality of the egg.

Personally I drink moderately throughout the cycle. I've spent almost 6 months of ttc teetotal and it achieved nothing other than making me miserable.

rrreow Thu 18-Oct-12 12:29:21

Oh SamSmalaidh thank god for that!! I'm so glad I read this topic now. I had a verrrrry drunk night out the weekend after what turned out to be conception (obviously having no idea!) and had been worried ever since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now