Talk

Advanced search

How soon to POAS?

(3 Posts)
RuckAndRoll Wed 17-Oct-12 15:06:44

Since coming off the pill I've been regular as clockwork and was due on Monday. I POAS last night and got a BFN, normally that's enough to tempt AF into turning up but not this time.

Trying not to get my hopes up, but, where the heck is AF?! How long is best to leave before testing again?

CookieRookie Wed 17-Oct-12 15:10:59

The day after your missed period. So Monday you were due, yesterday was the day of your missed period and today is the day after your missed period. FMU is best in the early days as the HCG will be more concentrated. Do you chart or use opk's? Any idea when you OV'd. Think the general advice is about 14-16days after you OV but it varies wildly between women.

Fingers crossed for you smile

RuckAndRoll Wed 17-Oct-12 15:17:15

No charting or anything fancy. Not even really TTC yet, just less than careful whilst DH trys to decide he's ready (he admits if it happens he'll be thrilled but isn't ready to be actively trying - that's man logic!)

Ordered some cheap tests from amazon earlier so will test as soon as they arrive, unless AF turns up before then. I'm not the most patient of people so is driving me crazy waiting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now