Talk

Advanced search

Newbie ttc!

(14 Posts)
LoveBeingAMrs Wed 17-Oct-12 00:44:58

Hi, I'm new to th forum! I'm 23, been married for just over a year and have spent the year in a diy haze as we bought a run down house and have been doing it up! Its almost done so me and hubby have agreed to start ttc for our first! Started taking folic acid in August and have worked out im next ovulating around 25th-27th oct!

I'm very excited that we have finally reached this point and excited for the journey ahead of us! Hubby wants to keep it quiet until we are pregnant and i just want to shout it from the rooftops!! Struggling to contain my excitement!!

Looking forward to meeting you all and sharing journeys!! So, Any tips for a newly ttc pair?? X x

lolalotta Wed 17-Oct-12 07:07:21

Have a think about if successful on a particular month when baby might potentially arrive...we having a boxing day baby here! grin
Good luck!!!!

lolalotta Wed 17-Oct-12 07:08:26

Ok, so she's actually no longer a baby, she's nearly 3 but you get my point!!!

lolalotta Wed 17-Oct-12 07:50:00

I think maybe cutting down on alcohol for both partners may help with conception...plus drinking plenty of water to keep you hydrated will be good for you. I'm sure someone will come along who knows what they are talking about soon!!!

LoveBeingAMrs Wed 17-Oct-12 23:31:34

Hello! Thanks for responses, We have worked out if we conceive this month we will have a july baby! It will be so lovely for baby to have summer birthdays!! Yes neither of us are big drinkers anyway but ive stopped drinking altogether! Are you both trying or have kids?

lolalotta Thu 18-Oct-12 06:46:05

Hello! I have a 2.9yr old and we are ttc no.2 but it's taking longer than the first time round for some reason! :-s
A July baby would be lovely, plus you would get to wear lots of summery tops to show of a bump! grin
I have just started the 2 week wait, yawn!!!!

FrankelSaysRelax Thu 18-Oct-12 07:11:59

Welcome to the TTC journey!

I don't want to be the voice of doom and gloom, but please don't put too much pressure on yourself to conceive immediately - it rarely works out that way unfortunately.

Just make sure you have a healthy lifestyle: no smoking, little alcohol, plenty of exercise, etc, and most importantly regular sex! The recommendation is 3 times a week, though if you are confident you can identify when you will ovulate you can have sex everyday around your fertile period.

Relax and have fun, it will happen but don't beat yourself up if it s not instant.

RubyWindsor Thu 18-Oct-12 08:04:05

Hi all! Also new to MN! grin

I'm 24, had my merina coil removed early June and been casually TTC since then. We have decided that if this isn't our lucky month (fx'd as I would also love a July baby!) then we will start looking into ov dates etc in November! AF due 28/10 so hoping this is everyone's lucky month so we can all start a July baby journey together!! gringringrin

Purplemonster Thu 18-Oct-12 20:40:33

Waves to everyone. I'm quite new as well. I'm 30 and took my last pill at the end of September. Just seeing what happens for now so I don't put too much pressure on us (and I know I'll send myself crazy about it all unless I make a conscious effort to chill out) and if nothing happens will make more of an effort to actually 'try' in the new year. I expect it to take a little while so trying not to stress for now.

LoveBeingAMrs Wed 24-Oct-12 20:52:06

Hi everyone, :-)
Amazing to see so many lovely responses! Thank u for the warning about getting to excited, i think i have calmed down since the initial shock that we had stared ttc!!
Out of curiousity, are you ladies telling anyone you are ttc?? Hubby wants to wait until we are 12 weeks in to pregnancy! Anyhow I'm currently ovulating then have my first 2ww! How exciting and annoying all at the same time! Hehe x

FrankelDeBeauvoir Wed 24-Oct-12 21:31:43

We did not tell immediate family. We decided it would be too much pressure if things ended up taking longer than expected, which they have done! I did however tell my best friend who I knew was also TTC, which helped with some of the stress!

RubyWindsor Thu 25-Oct-12 15:23:10

We've decided not to tell anyone about us ttc until a bfp but then only very close family until around 12 weeks. Just because we don't want any added pressure or disappointment about bfps!

RubyWindsor Thu 25-Oct-12 15:24:26

I meant disappointment about BFN!! Nothing disappointing about a BFP!

EuroShagmore Thu 25-Oct-12 16:19:38

I told my mum before we started as she was a bit confused as to why I was finally bothering to get married in my mid-30s having always been against it! And then after about 6 months or so I told some close friends and family that we were having investigations. Most people have been very supportive, and I have found it helpful to be able to talk to others about our problems as the months have dragged on. Hopefully you won't get that far though! I remember the excitement of the first month or two. I have to say that after a year or so it wanes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now