Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Intralipids - anyone doing it?

(4 Posts)
Pollykitten Tue 16-Oct-12 21:41:26

Hi, just commenced my fourth cycle of IVF - 2 of my 3 previous attempts resulted in pregnancy then miscarriage. I've had the Chicago bunch of tests (which I should point out my lovely clinic charge the minimum amount they can for, in contrast to the amount charged by ARGC, but I digress...) and found I do have killer cell activity that suggests I've a slightly over-enthusiastic immune system. Great for everyday, less great for bambinos. I've been prescribed intralipids on two doses (one before egg collection, a second should I become pregnant). Has anyone else done this or have any views? Many thanks y'all and good luck to those who are going through IVF too...

eurowitch Tue 16-Oct-12 22:49:20

There are 20-30 women on the prednisolone thread going through various kinds of immune testing and treatment, including intralipids. I suggest you drop there. They are a friendly and informative bunch. smile

Pollykitten Fri 19-Oct-12 11:17:58

thanks euro - tip appreciated

missbrightside Sat 20-Oct-12 09:01:08

Hello - I had my first one on Monday (I'm currently stimming during our second IVF cycle - egg collection is next week) so time will tell if it's done what it's supposed to ..... !

The intralip itself was absolutely fine.

But - on a practical note - don't assume (as I did !) that you will be able to do anything other than just sit there whilst it's going on ! I had mine done at home and had the day off work under the guise of 'working at home' ! Everytime I moved my hand the drip slowed down - so I literally just had to sit there with daytime telly on ! The nurse was nice enough - but our three and half hours of small talk did feel like a long one ...... ! So get in some box sets !!!!!!

Good luck to you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now